• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to export files with notes?
Hello,

I would like to export my sheets to my PC, so that I can back them up and edit them for the future. Some of my sheets are made entirely in the MobileSheetsPro app - meaning all chords, tabs, etc are made by hand. When I try to export them, they simply do not get exported, there's no file for the songs. 
I have tried using the synchronize feature, and I have tried accessing the tablet as a folder from my PC looking in Android\data\com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro\files. 
No luck.

How can I access the sheets on PC?
What you will need to do is to open MobileSheetsPro on your tablet, long press on a song to start selection mode, select each song you want to export (or tap the select all icon in the floating toolbar if you want to select every song) and then tap Share->Export files. Select a destination either in the cloud or on the tablet. After the export completes, copy those file to your PC using a USB cable if you created the files on the tablet itself, otherwise download the files off the cloud on your PC. You said "they simply do not get exported" - what does that mean exactly? Does that mean the files are not being generated in the destination you selected? Or are you saying the content of those files does not contain the things you added? Make sure you check all of the options on the export dialog so that the generated file contains every annotation you've created.

If you are using MobileSheets on your PC and want access to your entire library instead of just the exported files, then I would recommend creating a library backup file on your tablet under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transferring that .msb file to your PC, then restoring it in MobileSheets on your PC under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. Then you'll have access to your entire library. You can synchronize future changes under the Sync Library->Sync to another device feature. It's best to perform one-way synchronizations, so update one device at a time to simplify things.

Mike
(08-16-2020, 03:23 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: What you will need to do is to open MobileSheetsPro on your tablet, long press on a song to start selection mode, select each song you want to export (or tap the select all icon in the floating toolbar if you want to select every song) and then tap Share->Export files. Select a destination either in the cloud or on the tablet. After the export completes, copy those file to your PC using a USB cable if you created the files on the tablet itself, otherwise download the files off the cloud on your PC. You said "they simply do not get exported" - what does that mean exactly? Does that mean the files are not being generated in the destination you selected? Or are you saying the content of those files does not contain the things you added? Make sure you check all of the options on the export dialog so that the generated file contains every annotation you've created.

If you are using MobileSheets on your PC and want access to your entire library instead of just the exported files, then I would recommend creating a library backup file on your tablet under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, transferring that .msb file to your PC, then restoring it in MobileSheets on your PC under Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. Then you'll have access to your entire library. You can synchronize future changes under the Sync Library->Sync to another device feature. It's best to perform one-way synchronizations, so update one device at a time to simplify things.

Mike

Thanks a lot, Mike! I wasn't exporting the files the way you wrote it here, but it works now with the way you suggested doing it.
When I try restoring/extracting from the .msb file, I get an error on the handmade files. Any idea what might be the issue? The only ones that I have troubles with are the ones made from scratch in the app. 

I've attached a screenshot of the error I get.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do those songs use a blank page? There is no file to export in that case, as it's all just stuff that is rendered in the application itself. You would have to export the song to a PDF to get an actual file. To do that, long press the song on the library screen while running MobileSheetsPro on the device and tap Share->Export files. That will generate a PDF for you. The companion app doesn't currently have that functionality. The Windows 10 version of MobileSheets can do that though.

Mike