• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Libraries for Page Order
I've been using a 2-in-1 Windows 10 laptop in portrait orientation, single page view, for my music. I've entered page numbers to cover repeats and multiple verses. So a song with two pages and three versus has page numbers as 1-2,1-2,1-2. I've also added some annotations to help identify which ending to use and other guidance. This has worked very good. At every page turn my eyes know exactly where to focus (top left of the page).

I recently purchased a 24" monitor to use as a 2nd monitor on my desktop but decided to try it as a two page display for MobileSheets. I tried it attached to my laptop in landscape orientation and two page view. It has sufficient size and clarity and also fits my music stand (similar to the Swing It - Big Band Music Stand). When a page turns, the page on the right shifts to the left as I expected. What I didn't expect was the difficulty of focusing on the correct measure after the page "turn". This is especially troublesome if I want to follow a few measures on the right side page before I do the page turn and it shifts to the left side.

What I would like to have is a second library with all the same music but different page turns for songs with just two pages. Essentially, there wouldn't be any page turn for these songs. Just 1-2.

In one library I could copy all the songs and add a "2" in front of each one for use in Landscape two page mode. Using Collections might work also but the song list sort order would not work for all the songs starting with a "2". If I put the "2" last, then my song list will have two entries for each song consecutively and it would be easy to select the wrong one.

If it is possible to easily switch between a library for Portrait one page mode and a library for Landscape two page mode, that would probably work better for me.

Is there an easy way to switch from one library to another? Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

P.S. I ran into a situation after I disconnected the 24" monitor and then started MobileSheets on the 17" laptop while still in landscape orientation. MobileSheets started fine but if I tried to open a song it would load the first page on the left, as in two page mode, then in about 2 seconds MobileSheets would crash. The program just vanished. I tried rebooting but that didn't help. I restored a backup library from before using two page mode and MobileSheets is working again.

Messages In This Thread
Two Libraries for Page Order - by gwinaz - 08-20-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by Skip - 08-20-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by gwinaz - 08-21-2020, 04:00 AM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by itsme - 08-21-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by ZuperDave - 09-09-2020, 05:06 AM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by gwinaz - 09-10-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by ZuperDave - 09-10-2020, 02:17 PM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by ZuperDave - 09-10-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Two Libraries for Page Order - by gwinaz - 09-10-2020, 03:40 PM