• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need audio only capability for certain songs
Most tunes require graphics presentation. I however have several where audio only is needed.. Many tunes I have played for years and need no music or lyrics. I just loaded up some tunes and made dummy jpeg to put some audio files in Mobilesheets. Easy fix.... Allow audio only files.. Also use audio file name as song name if no graphic is present. MS has the best set list generator I have found and this will make it even better! Also while you are at it add audio import ala Pdfs.

You will increase your market for customers since many want powerful set list players. Possibly auto insertion of a blank pdfs as part of song would allow for future annotation and notes. For example I did a wedding last week and notes and announcements could have been part of each song.. I had to switch between an audio player and MS which can be confusing.

This should be an easy feature that would make this an even better app wider appeal.
I wish it were as easy as that. I have written a fair amount of code to protect against songs being added with no image files or PDFs inside of them. I will definitely keep this in mind for the future once I finish some of the other critical features, but I think I want to make sure my app is the best it can be as an image/PDF viewer before I start heading down the path of being a makeshift audio player with setlist support. I think part of what you are asking for is easily achievable if you just add a blank PDF to your tablet, and point all your audio only songs to it.

If a lot of users need this functionality, I'll move it up the list in terms of priority, but otherwise, it will be a little while. It's been very difficult to find free time lately without making sacrifices in my personal life, so progress has been slower than I would like. Thanks for the feedback though - definitely appreciate it.
(06-09-2012, 04:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I wish it were as easy as that. I have written a fair amount of code to protect against songs being added with no image files or PDFs inside of them. I will definitely keep this in mind for the future once I finish some of the other critical features, but I think I want to make sure my app is the best it can be as an image/PDF viewer before I start heading down the path of being a makeshift audio player with setlist support. I think part of what you are asking for is easily achievable if you just add a blank PDF to your tablet, and point all your audio only songs to it.

If a lot of users need this functionality, I'll move it up the list in terms of priority, but otherwise, it will be a little while. It's been very difficult to find free time lately without making sacrifices in my personal life, so progress has been slower than I would like. Thanks for the feedback though - definitely appreciate it.
Each user will have priorities that vary. The dummy or blank PDF is a good workaround.. Part of the appeal for mobile sheets is that it does both graphics display plus audio. For me audio and viewing are equally important. Being ale to batch import audio would greatly speed up the process. A long term goal of merging imported pdfs and audio files would make set up nearly automatic.. A utility could optionally merge audio only with visual graphics if the songs have common names.

Having tried most of the top rated audio players I am confident that your existing set list code is by far the fastest and easiest to use. Thanks for a great product. Musicians in St. Louis area are blown away by Mobilesheets. Most of the performers here are looking for both lyrics reading and track playback.