• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From End of Song back to Page 1
Hi,

At the end of a song and I want to go back to then beginning of the song having to page back page by page is very frustrating to me. Huh
There is an option under display setting to Enable/Disable that the song returns to page 1 when paging past last page.
This is the same for a set, at the end of the set it will jump back to song 1 in the set.
I run MSP on Windows 10 on a laptop and I cannot get this function to work. Regardless what the toggle is set for nothing happens
when I try to page beyond last page of a song.

Is there something I have missed or is this a bug in the Windows 10 edition of MSP?

Thank you in advance for any clarification.

Regards,
hella
Don't know about paging through the end, but I (and I guess most uf us) have set up a touch action to go to the first (and another to the last) page. I use the upper left and right corner for that. You can assign touch actions in the setting.
(10-12-2020, 09:26 AM)BRX Wrote: Don't know about paging through the end, but I (and I guess most uf us) have set up a touch action to go to the first (and another to the last) page. I use the upper left and right corner for that. You can assign touch actions in the setting.

Wow, really. That may be a solution for me then.
Do you do this in the editing of the song, or what?

I still would like to know why the paging beyond last doesn't go back to page 1.

hella
If you enable repeat mode and turn past the last page of a song, it absolutely should go back to the start in the Windows 10 version. One user has reported that if you are using a pedal to turn pages and "Prevent pedal from changing songs" is enabled under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings, then it will not return to the start of the song or setlist. This is something I'm going to fix. If you are tapping with your finger and it still won't repeat, then it could be a bug and I will investigate.

Thanks,
Mike
Well, it is pretty self explanatory.

Settings -> Touch Actions -> Choose the corner you want (e.g. Top Left Corner) -> Choose the action you want (e.g. Go To Start Of The Song).
Ha, it seems this was my 750th posting and the forum software promoted me from senior member to posting freak. Strange compliment :-)
I've changed the titles so you'll just be a senior member again (I was just using the defaults with mybb). I couldn't come up with a better title for those with 750+ posts. If you have a suggestion, let me know Smile

Thanks,
Mike
(10-12-2020, 05:42 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you enable repeat mode and turn past the last page of a song, it absolutely should go back to the start in the Windows 10 version. One user has reported that if you are using a pedal to turn pages and "Prevent pedal from changing songs" is enabled under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings, then it will not return to the start of the song or setlist. This is something I'm going to fix. If you are tapping with your finger and it still won't repeat, then it could be a bug and I will investigate.

Thanks,
Mike

Ok, here is what i have done.
In settings>display the repeat mode ON
In settings>Touch and Pedal the "Prevent pedal from changing song" to OFF
Now, when paging past last page next song is displayed. So, I believe there is a bug in the return to beginning of song.

I have as a workaround setup a touch point that will take me back to beginning of the song and that works fine.

Thanks for all the responses,
hella