• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jump to the next song without starting the play
Hi Mike,
great job with Mobile Sheets Pro. I was using Setlist Helper and am trying several apps for my demands. I sing with mp3-halfplaybacks and use pdfs for the lyrics.

two functions would be great:

1. At the end of a song it should jump to the next song of the setlist, but without playing it. So I can watch the important notices or first lines of the lyrics before starting the audio
2. "audio play" and "start scrolling " should work together and I don't have to start two separate commands

I'd appreciate this very much and thank you for your time.

Clou
Hello Clou,

You can achieve the first request already. Just open the audio player, go into the settings and uncheck "Automatically play next track". Now if you switch songs, the track will switch but will not continue playing the next one. 

I have an enhancement request in my bug tracking system to add an option to start audio playback, automatic scrolling and the metronome all at the same time (I will either add a new setting to control this, or a touch action that can be used to trigger them all at once). You will be able to pick which of the three to trigger.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, 
thanks for your quick answer. What you wrote is part of the whole solution of my first request. But it would be better if I didn't have to switch manually and the next track was shown automatically after the end of a song. Do you know what I mean? Maybe the function is somewhere and I have to step deeper in the app?
Kind regards
Clou
You'll need to change the "Track List" dropdown to "All tracks in setlist", then the player will have access to all of the tracks from all songs, and it can automatically switch to the next track even if that song is not displayed. You'll probably also want to uncheck "Switch track when song changes" so that you have control over which tracks are playing and when to start/stop them.

Mike
(10-17-2020, 03:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You'll need to change the "Track List" dropdown to "All tracks in setlist", then the player will have access to all of the tracks from all songs, and it can automatically switch to the next track even if that song is not displayed. You'll probably also want to uncheck "Switch track when song changes" so that you have control over which tracks are playing and when to start/stop them.

Mike

Thank you again but it seems that it doesn't work or I write missunderstandable (is this the correct word? My english isn't that good - sorry).

I try to explain:

I have a setlist with two songs. Song A (linked to "A.pdf" and "A.mp3") and Song B (linked to "B.pdf" and "B.mp3"). 

I play Song A and when it ends it stops.

I have to switch MANUALLYy to Song B - this is the part I wish that the program jumps AUTOMATICALLY to Song B. And it does NOT.

My settings are:
All tracks in the setlist
Automatically play the next song (it doesn't work, too, but I don't need this, so it doesn't matter. I just want the app automatically to jump at the beginning to Song B without playing)

But I can work with the app and love it. Especially the loop from A to B is awesome. Thank you so much for your time and support.
It's unusual to use MSP and setlists as a "jukebox list".

I don't think it can be used that way and IMHO shouldn't. But that's for Mike to decide.

You can achieve a continuous play though if you save the sheets and the audio files you want to play not as setlist but into a single song file,
There isn't an option to turn pages or switch songs when an audio track ends. So you won't be able to accomplish that with the current features. That is something I would have to add.

Mike
Hello.

I have a few questions.
1.Is it possible to add a countdown before starting the audio? Displayed on the main screen 4,3,2,1 start
as an additional function of the player that can be turned on or off, it will help when we want to change the decision about the file being launched or focus the team on attention.
The second option can be to save the metronome tempo as a beat before the trackWink
2. Is it possible to add a thin strip to show the progress of the track?
3. Do you intend to save the transposition of an mp3 track permanently?
4. Is it possible to browse the playlist without interrupting mp3 playback?
Is it possible to arrange the next track in the meantime?