• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on the Boox e-readers.
Wink 
I've been looking at two of the readers, the Note Air 10.3 and the Lumi 13.3. I currently use a Samsung Note Pro 13.3" [primary] and a Dell Latitude 13" 2-in 1 laptop. The Air is the more affordable one, the Lumi is the feature usable one. I'm a senior citizen type amateur, using MSP as an organizer and for displaying my sheet music [all in pdf format]. I just do pretty basic annotations and basic setlists. My questions at this point:
1. How close to standard letter size does the Air display?
2. Would the regular android version ok on either of the Boox?
I don't think I would be interested in other models right now. I'll probably have other question later. Maybe.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Hi, Skip!

They don't recommend the regular MSP - there's a specific e-ink version. I have a Note 2 that I purchased from PadMu, but the PadMu software playlist system doesn't work for me. <wry smile> Sorry, just realized that I'm answering the questions in reverse order. <facepalm> The Note 2 is roughly the same size as the Air - which is to say, a wee bit larger than a standard iPad & maybe 30% *SMALLER* than an 8.5x11 sheet of paper. The 13.3 should be almost exactly letter-sized.

Hope that's helpful!
Ron Pietrantoni
music coordinator
Grace Community Church
Detroit, MI, USA
I got my boox lumi 13.3 today - it is only just smaller than A4 but darned close (see below)

I bought the e-ink version of MSP, quick and easy to install, restored a backup from the PC companion. Done in 30 mins for 1800 songs. Apart from having to upgrade the PC companion it was seemless

Only comment - in MSP I marked cuts with a block of red of approx 128 density and marked the more easily missed repeats in a green with a density of about 42. and I now can't really tell the difference...