• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape orientation
I cannot figure out how to have the display in Landscape so that I can apply the 2-page mode for a particular song.
The "Tablet Orientation" item in the Display Mode Selection dialog doesn't have a pulldown, it always shows Portrait so I cannot choose Landscape.
Do I need to use Android's system orientation first to Landscape or is Mobilesheets taken care of that independently of what display orientation I have in Android?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I just stick with portrait on the Max 3 but when I tried out landscape I changed the orientation in the OS first and that seemed to work
(10-30-2020, 08:53 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: I just stick with portrait on the Max 3 but when I tried out landscape I changed the orientation in the OS first and that seemed to work

It doesn't seem to work for me ...
Donner BT pedal
I just gave it a try and it seems to be working for me. I put it in landscape through the android notification pulldown bar, then opened MSP which showed the library in landscape orientation. Then when I opened a piece it was on single page (but still in landscape - the top of the page now on what would usually be the left side of the screen) so I opened the 'select display mode' dialogue to change it to two pages. When that opened it was already saying 'landscape' for the tablet orientation so I guess that changes automatically once the orientation is changed in the OS. Then for 'display mode' I selected 'two pages' and it all seems to be working the way I'd expect - two pages shown in landscape. I then pulled down the android notification bar and changed it back to portrait orientation and MSP automatically went back to portrait and now says 'portrait' in the 'select display mode' dialogue again. If you go through those steps is there one that doesn't work for you?
(10-30-2020, 02:11 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: I just gave it a try and it seems to be working for me. I put it in landscape through the android notification pulldown bar, then opened MSP which showed the library in landscape orientation. Then when I opened a piece it was on single page (but still in landscape - the top of the page now on what would usually be the left side of the screen) so I opened the 'select display mode' dialogue to change it to two pages. When that opened it was already saying 'landscape' for the tablet orientation so I guess that changes automatically once the orientation is changed in the OS. Then for 'display mode' I selected 'two pages' and it all seems to be working the way I'd expect - two pages shown in landscape. I then pulled down the android notification bar and changed it back to portrait orientation and MSP automatically went back to portrait and now says 'portrait' in the 'select display mode' dialogue again. If you go through those steps is there one that doesn't work for you?

Thanks but I don't understand why it doesn't work for me ...
When I open MSP after putting the OS in landscape mode, the library opens but still in portrait not in landscape like you describe, and the display mode dialogue shows also 'portrait' and no way to change it (no pull-down).  This is really weird ...
I tried to open the app settings cogwheel (from top right menu on the library page) and it flashes a couple of times in portrait/landscape and ends up in landscape but it flashes every two or three seconds and it's frozen so I have to reboot with great difficulty because it's totally stuck.
I'm puzzled about why it works with you and not with me on the exact same device ...

I've tried also the same steps on my Samsung Note tablet and I cannot reproduce your steps either. I get exactly the same result than with my Max 3 .... (even more weird)  what the f$#@
Donner BT pedal
Yeah, very weird. When you put the Max 3 in landscape is it just MSP that doesn't work - do other apps just deal with landscape normally?
(10-30-2020, 04:06 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: Yeah, very weird. When you put the Max 3 in landscape is it just MSP that doesn't work - do other apps just deal with landscape normally?

Yes everything else works as it should.  But MSP wont rotate ...
It's got to be a setting that I have that interferes with landscape but I don't know what
Donner BT pedal
In the settings, under 'display settings', at the bottom in 'system settings' there's a setting called 'device orientation lock'. Mine was set to 'none' but I've just changed it to 'portrait' and it makes it do weird things like you're describing. Might be worth checking that one and setting it to 'none' if it's not already
(10-30-2020, 04:32 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: In the settings, under 'display settings', at the bottom in 'system settings' there's a setting called 'device orientation lock'. Mine was set to 'none' but I've just changed it to 'portrait' and it makes it do weird things like you're describing. Might be worth checking that one and setting it to 'none' if it's not already
Oh, ok I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks!
Donner BT pedal
No worries. Let me know how you go
(10-30-2020, 05:37 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: No worries. Let me know how you go

That was it.  It was locked to Portrait, that's why it wasn't working.
It actually screws up the whole system to the point that It's VERY hard to reboot. 

Something to look at, Mike?
Donner BT pedal
Yes, I can take a look at that, although I'm not sure exactly what changes I would need to make to prevent the behavior you were describing, as I'm just requesting that the OS stay in one specific rotation. There may not be a whole lot I can do if it's a firmware issue.

Mike
(10-31-2020, 04:58 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, I can take a look at that, although I'm not sure exactly what changes I would need to make to prevent the behavior you were describing, as I'm just requesting that the OS stay in one specific rotation. There may not be a whole lot I can do if it's a firmware issue.

Mike

I understand.  Maybe Just try to reproduce the problem, let me know if you need a step by step ...
Thanks
Donner BT pedal