• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to connect to Dropbox for cloud sync
I've just installed Mobilesheets on a new Windows 10 Acer laptop.

When trying to connect to Dropbox and pull down music from a Dropbox folder that I've used as cloud backup from a different PC, Mobilesheets puts up a window saying the default browser isn't set and wants me to download a browser.

I've already installed both Edge and Chrome, and Chrome is set as the default browser. I've tried setting both of them as the default browser. Mobilesheets continues to prompt to download a browser.

Any suggestions regarding how to get past this?
Can you take a screenshot of that message? I definitely haven't seen that problem come up before and I'm not sure if that's the application code triggering that, or if it's something in the OS. I do know that Microsoft's framework internally uses Edge as the browser, so that should be what is being used to handle the Dropbox sign-in. 

Thanks,
Mike
Here's a screenshot from Mobilesheets. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It looks like Dropbox changed things on their end so that their recommended approach for how UWP applications should connect no longer works. Luckily I had already implemented a workaround for this, so I'm going to put that workaround back in for the next update. Hopefully this workaround will suffice across all devices, as it did seem to behave a little oddly on some in the past.

Mike
(12-10-2020, 04:10 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It looks like Dropbox changed things on their end so that their recommended approach for how UWP applications should connect no longer works. Luckily I had already implemented a workaround for this, so I'm going to put that workaround back in for the next update. Hopefully this workaround will suffice across all devices, as it did seem to behave a little oddly on some in the past.

Mike

I've this exact problem on my PC too