• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookmarks at any position in the score
Hi Ameiossi,

What you are saying makes sense, and vertical scrolling is a good solution, so I decided to let it be. But now I'm thinking it could be useful for me to sometimes use Half Page mode to see the score in full size and have alternate half page turning. When I remembered something about setting the split position in MobileSheets it was only for Single Page display mode in Landscape with both "Display half page in landscape" and "Half-page turns in landscape mode" options checked. With this, the page size is doubled and there's an icon to set the half page turn position for each page. 

But what you would want for viewing wide organ scores is Half Page display mode in Landscape. Searching for "half page" in forum search (even titles only) there are several discussions requesting the ability to specify the vertical position where the half page turn will occur for each page. Mike writes that this is on his to-do list for after the IOS work.

So until that is implemented, a workaround would be to use the Files tab in the song editor to crop pages that do not already have a wide enough blank path across the center (causing the half page bar to obscure content). Click the [] icon at the bottom right of the preview area so that you can drag the grabber icons. Moving the top or bottom icon down will raise a blank area up towards the center, and vice versa for dragging the icons up. You can use the side grabbers as a guide to the page vertical center.

This might let you arrange for clean half page turns in many cases, depending on the score layout and margins.  Otherwise, since you cannot resize pages or move content around in MobileSheets, you can always prepare the file pages outside of the program. For any pages that have content that the black bar would cover, I can use MSPaint on Windows to easily move grand staffs up or down, or to enlarge a page beyond screen size (if I want some empty space above or below for shifting staffs). We want the strip along the vertical center of each page to have no content. You might also combine a page with a single grand staff or with a lot of empty space with an adjacent page to eliminate excess turns. 

Then create and import a new pdf with pages adjusted for half page turning. At least it would allow fewer page turns. Also, I find it convenient to use the page order feature for repeats (to an earlier page) and jumps in order to always be moving forward. For this I crop out the areas that shouldn't be replayed or erase or lighten them using annotations. I hope all this makes some sense.

I can relate to the IMSLP-fueled temptation of sight reading through lots of songs and balancing that with the effort and satisfaction of refining an individual piece. By the way, the screens you attached are from the Bach Fantasia and Fugue in G minor, BWV 542 (not 537). Here's a fun performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUOQ4tbc5RI

Mike G.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bookmarks at any position in the score - by mike golding - 12-20-2020, 10:21 AM