• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookmarks at any position in the score
Hi Mike G.,

Your are right. It is BWV 542... But somehow those numbers are not that intuitive and I tend to mix them up.
Funny performance indeed - the good thing is that human voices are much more adaptive to the perfect tuning than organ pipes, which produces a very interesting performance.

As you mentioned, another good option to solve my "problem" of finding the prefect page-turning procedure is to crop the content either in MobileSheets or in an external program.

Currently I'm using the "external program" option (but I will give it a try directly in MobileSheets). I recently found a free opensource tool, which can be used to crop a pdf to a sequence of any new pages (if necessary even one per grand-staff):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/briss/
Until now it worked very well and I already optimized a few pdf's for my needs in mobilsheets:

My recipe now is the following:
1. Scan a piece of music to PDF using my smartphone and the free Adobe Scan app. Or download it from IMSLP.
2. Load the PDF to the PC (my intermediate storage for that is Google Drive, where I keep everything related to a piece of music in a specific folder (raw scan (i.e. jpg's), original pdf and cropped pdf).
3. Crop the PDF using the software mentioned above (Briss).
I do the cropping while I check the original PDF on MobileSheets in vertical scroll mode, to see where I need to press the bluetooth pedal for scrolling the score up to the top of screen. This gives me the top of a new page.
4. Save the new cropped PDF to Google Drive.
5. Import it to MobielSheets (cool that this is possible directly from the cloud) and test, whether the score is split up correctly (to single pages) and set the bookmarks (Normally one per page).

Best Regards, Armel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bookmarks at any position in the score - by Ameiossi - 12-22-2020, 01:40 AM