• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android 5 vs Android 9 - text files different
That would be true with PDFs or images, as the files as scaled to fit the screen, but due to the dynamic nature of text and chord pro files, the content is generated on the spot based on the screen properties and the application settings. Another user has requested the ability to specify an exact page size for each text/chord pro page in a song, so that you could force the rendered area to at least be the same on each device (and do things like specify one extremely tall page so there are no page breaks). I'm going to look into making those changes, which might help with this issue. Unfortunately, if I allow the width of the page to be specified, that could cause the text to go off the screen on the device, so I'm not sure this is really a perfect solution to fix this issue. The only other possible solution that comes to mind if is I add an option to change the implementation so that a fixed size page is generated and that page is rendered as an image which is then scaled to fit the screen. That would be more like how a PDF is handled. So then you would have an identical page on each device, but the text might appear larger or smaller on one of the devices, depending on its resolution and screen density. This is a less flexible approach and can result in an image on the screen that doesn't match what you might expect, but it might be preferred for situations like this.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android 5 vs Android 9 - text files different - by Zubersoft - 12-21-2020, 07:00 AM