• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
Hi to all,

I have been playing around with the new version of MSP and enjoying some of the changes. 

I use MSP mainly to make anotations on classical guitar pieces.  These anotations are mainly fingering (p, i, m, a for right hand and 1,2,3,4,barré for left hand plus the number of the  strings).

With the previous version I used to write the text and move it with the nudge tool.  I agree with  Defreeze. I also find that it takes longer to work this way with the new version. The anotation is never in the right place and I have to change to the nudge tool and displace it. In addition the nudge tool pops up usually in front of the area I want to use.  The previous system was easier because  you had two windows (text plus edition  and nudge tool) that you could move to a convenient place. I also liked the text+ edition feature, in particular when I had to modify a text.

Also, as pointed out, the space between the lines is just too big. When I am notating the fingers of the chords, I cannot write the numbers on a vertical row, as I used to do it. Now I have to introduce individual texts for each row, so that the numbers are in front of the notes. 

As suggested by palosanto I have tried to use the freeform and it works pretty well with the stylus on a Samsung Pro. You just have to zoom in to be precise enough and the handwriting gives the score a customized aspect that is quite nice. I will try to notate one full score with it.  

On the very positive side, I was happy to discover some features. 

One of the best improvements is the possibility to use the anotation on various pages. Previously you had to save and close each page before going to the next one. This is a fantastic improvement.

The selection tool is also much better. You can now select, copy, paste and move various anotations. If you write the fingerings on one section, you can copy them to the same repeated section. This is really very useful.

You have also much more freedom to select the desired color and size of the anotations.

i was very happy also to see that you can import customized stamps. I have just made some tests and created stamps for the guitar strings (numbers 1 to 6 in a circles). In the beginning they were just too big and I had to scale down the svg files (from the initial size to 3%). Now I can put a proper stamp for the guitar string, change the color, size, etc.

I do not see how to upload the files to this site. I have uploaded them to wetransfer and you can download them temporarily:

https://we.tl/t-acMlKa0Ru3

These icons are very small  (1kb/icon) and you can just download similar svg files from the net, for instance here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Categ...ed_circles 

All in all, I am very happy with the changes. 

Thank you, Mike for the excellent work!

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released - by Javier MM - 01-14-2021, 01:38 AM