• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to (re)move a misplaced PDF image paste?
While trying out the new Snipping Tool in 3.0 the paste came out in an undesired place on the page - and now can't find a way to move/delete the pasted image again...

(Screenshot with the bad paste enhanced attached.) This is on Android.
Am i missing something? I even tried to delete the whole PDF (the page is a snippet out of a larger PDF) and re-add it, but the snippet is still there...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
In the annotation settings, you'll need to enable "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" as a pasted snippet becomes a part of the PDF itself. Once you enable that setting, you'll see that you can move the snippet as needed. In general, leave that setting off if you want the fastest saving and loading.

Mike
Thumbs Up 
(12-25-2020, 04:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: In the annotation settings, you'll need to enable "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" as a pasted snippet becomes a part of the PDF itself. Once you enable that setting, you'll see that you can move the snippet as needed. In general, leave that setting off if you want the fastest saving and loading.

Mike

Thanks - that fixed it!

Christof
SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab8+ - Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Plus - MS Surface pro 2017
Hi Mike,    

I've enabled the "Allow editing..." in the settings but I'm still having no luck removing a misplaced clip. When I click on the selection tool, the snip shows up in blue (bottom of page), but when I touch the snip with my stylus, some other random annotation gets highlighted for editing (see red arrow). I cannot move or edit the blue snip.

If I use the eraser tool and touch the blue snip, it disappears, but as soon as I close the annotation interface, the snip is back again.

Thanks
Bee

Windows Version v10.0.18363.1316
MobileSheets v3.0.2 from Windows Store
Device: Surface Pro 6
Microsoft W10 Surface Pro 7 
Bring up the layers window, select the snippet annotation in the list and then tap the delete icon in the layers window. That will delete the snippet if you are unable to do it using the selection tool for some reason. If the deletion of that annotation is not being saved to the file, however, that is a separate issue. I will run some tests to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing.

Mike
(01-23-2021, 05:06 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Bring up the layers window, select the snippet annotation in the list and then tap the delete icon in the layers window. That will delete the snippet if you are unable to do it using the selection tool for some reason. If the deletion of that annotation is not being saved to the file, however, that is a separate issue. I will run some tests to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I tried that before I sent in my question - I couldn't find the image in the layer list, because I've now discovered that it appeared at the top of the list (while I was expecting it to be at the bottom of the list).

Third time lucky - I have managed to delete the image, but I thought I should let you know that on the first two tries, as soon as I selected the box in the layer list, the app froze completely and I had to go into task manager to force close it. The third time I tried, it miraculously worked smoothly, I deleted the image, and the app stayed active.

Thanks again for all the work that you do and your amazing responsiveness to user questions and feedback. It has taken me a few days to get used to the new interface but there is lots to love here! Thank you so much.

Bee
Microsoft W10 Surface Pro 7