• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation Difficulty with new version 3.0.0
I am finding version 3.0.0 annotation very clumsy when compared with version 2.9.6 that I was operating with.
The upgrade has not helped.
The imbedded user manual "Windows 10 Sheet Music Reader User Guide Version 1.1.2" is now out of date because of the latest upgrade. 
Any chance of re-writing the annotation section?
I used to be able in version 2.9.6 to number bars and insert chord symbols very quickly and efficiently. Version 3.0.0 seems to have resulted in lots of errors. Where is the select tool in the new version? The icon alongside the annotation icon when clicked drives the user into the editing panel for the song.
Any suggestions or advice.
Do these upgrades happen automatically outside of user control? If so not handy because I do not enjoy losing functionality. Can I re-install the earlier 2.9.6 version?
I would welcome your advice or suggestions?
Kind regards
For the users guide you could check the full guide for android on the mobilesheets homepage. There are all the Details about the new annotation Mode.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
The Android manual has been updated, and the instructions are the same for the Windows 10 version. I just haven't had time to update the Windows 10 version as I've been having to divert most of my attention to customer support. So you can reference the Android manual at www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.php if you need any additional information. I also have a write-up that I haven't been able to finish yet that I will be posting on the news section of the website. If you have any concerns, I'll be happy to discuss them with you. 

If you go into the annotation mode, there is a select tool in the toolbar at the top and you can also select it both in the radial menu and the command bar. You should be able to insert stamps much faster in the new version, especially with the support for favorites. You'll probably just need to adjust to the new design, but once you do, you'll find it much faster to use. You certainly have not lost functionality - if anything, a huge number of new features are now available, and the new settings support annotating much faster and more seamlessly.

You can disable automatic updates through the app stores if you prefer. You cannot downgrade without a huge amount of work though, and you can't do it through the app store (I would have to provide instructions for how to go about this).

Mike
(01-02-2021, 09:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The Android manual has been updated, and the instructions are the same for the Windows 10 version. I just haven't had time to update the Windows 10 version as I've been having to divert most of my attention to customer support. So you can reference the Android manual at www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.php if you need any additional information. I also have a write-up that I haven't been able to finish yet that I will be posting on the news section of the website. If you have any concerns, I'll be happy to discuss them with you. 

If you go into the annotation mode, there is a select tool in the toolbar at the top and you can also select it both in the radial menu and the command bar. You should be able to insert stamps much faster in the new version, especially with the support for favorites. You'll probably just need to adjust to the new design, but once you do, you'll find it much faster to use. You certainly have not lost functionality - if anything, a huge number of new features are now available, and the new settings support annotating much faster and more seamlessly.

You can disable automatic updates through the app stores if you prefer. You cannot downgrade without a huge amount of work though, and you can't do it through the app store (I would have to provide instructions for how to go about this).

Mike

Cheers Mike, I'll give it a go.