• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nudge Tool
Hey, Mike,

Thanks for the amazing annotation tools.  I am sure they will be extremely useful to me and many other users. Today I just started to play around with them.  I will probably have more questions as I dig deeper (but I always review the manual first).

Right now when I trigger the nudge tool, it seems to locate itself just under the text I am trying to nudge.  So, the default location often blocks the place I am trying to nudge the text to.

So, here is a softball (I think).  Is there a way to move/relocate the nudge tool?  (I tried to play around with it myself, but I didn't figure out a way to "nudge" the nudge tool).

Thanks!

Jeff
Have a look here:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...8#pid31428
There is a discussion about it. I think Mike will have an eye on it.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I'm considering a number of changes. 

1) Move the edit bar and the nudge tool further away from the selected annotation(s)
2) Provide an option to always have the nudge tool displayed while using the selection tool so that it will be a floating window you can move around
3) Allow the user to drag around the nudge window once it is displayed in case they need to move it out of the way. 

I may implement all of these or some combination of them. I'm not sure what will be the most popular solution for people.

Mike
(01-04-2021, 06:54 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm considering a number of changes. 

1) Move the edit bar and the nudge tool further away from the selected annotation(s)
2) Provide an option to always have the nudge tool displayed while using the selection tool so that it will be a floating window you can move around
3) Allow the user to drag around the nudge window once it is displayed in case they need to move it out of the way. 

I may implement all of these or some combination of them. I'm not sure what will be the most popular solution for people.

Mike

Hello, Mike,

Cool, I will keep an eye out for updates.  FWIW, I would think allowing the nudge tool to be moved is key, although you might as well have a default location that is less likely to get in the way.

Thanks!

Jeff
I like the way the nudge tool worked in the old annotation, always available and movable. I move single letter text a lot and the old style tool seemed to be accessible quicker than the new way.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(01-05-2021, 01:14 AM)Skip Wrote: I like the way the nudge tool worked in the old annotation, always available and movable. I move single letter text a lot and the old style tool seemed to be  accessible quicker than the new way.

That would work with me, simply drag it away....
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I'm definitely going to support having the nudge window always up while the selection tool is active. I'm still thinking through the exact implementation for this (i.e. should I have a setting for this in the settings window, or just have a little icon you can tap when the nudge window is shown that turns it into a floating window that won't be closed until an X is tapped). I like the idea of not having to add another setting to the settings window, but users don't always understand what icons will do unless they read the manual, so it would have to be intuitive that tapping the icon would turn the nudge window into a floating window that stays up and will save its last known position between sessions. If I add an option to the settings, I would not make the nudge window dismissable - you'd have to turn that setting back off to make the nudge window go away. If I just have it set up so that you tap an icon to "pop out" the nudge tool so that it stays up and can be moved, there would be an X you could tap to close it, and then you'd have to tap that icon to pop it back out later if desired. If anyone has a preference for how they'd like to see that handled, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-05-2021, 03:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If I just have it set up so that you tap an icon to "pop out" the nudge tool so that it stays up and can be moved, there would be an X you could tap to close it, and then you'd have to tap that icon to pop it back out later if desired. If anyone has a preference for how they'd like to see that handled, please let me know.

That's my preferred option. Why have it always open if it's not needed and taking screen space ...?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
An icon to display and an X to dismiss seems good to me also.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(01-05-2021, 05:06 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 03:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If I just have it set up so that you tap an icon to "pop out" the nudge tool so that it stays up and can be moved, there would be an X you could tap to close it, and then you'd have to tap that icon to pop it back out later if desired. If anyone has a preference for how they'd like to see that handled, please let me know.

That's my preferred option. Why have it always open if it's not needed and taking screen space ...?

Can I still move the text (without using the nudge tool) like I used to?
You could still select the Text grab it with your pen and place it where you want
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Yes, you can drag text around normally.
(01-06-2021, 04:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, you can drag text around normally.

Hmm, I'll try again.  I was having a tough time dragging with my fingers. 

At another point it seemed to work.

Maybe I was doing something wrong.

Jeff
hi, just a quick one, il jump on this thread, I closed the nudge tool by accident and I can't find how to get it back in the manual
(06-22-2021, 05:07 PM)meszian88 Wrote: hi, just a quick one, il jump on this thread, I closed the nudge tool by accident and I can't find how to get it back in the manual

If you click on the "select" (curved arrow on top, I think), a pop up window should include the nudge tool (I think).

Jeff