• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation menu and orientation
Just found a problem with the annotation menu:

If I load a score in landscape orientation, enter annotation mode and I re-orient the tablet to portrait, the menu doesn't fit and the 3 dot menu doesn't show up with the overflow items even if I exit and re-enter annotation. To display properly in portrait I need to re-start MSP.

Now if I start in portrait the menu displays complete but if I re-orient to landscape the overflow menu is there even though the full menu would fit. Then if I go to portrait again some of the overflow items show up until they fill the space but then there's no 3 dot menu so I cannot access the remaining ones.

This should be addressed.
Thanks
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Which tablet are you experiencing that issue on? I do not experience that issue on my Samsung Tab S4 or my Samsung Note Pro 12.2. When I rotate, the menu correctly puts the icons that won't fit into the overflow menu. The overflow menu is not shown for me if I rotate back to landscape after.

Thanks,
Mike
[attachment=1427 Wrote:Zubersoft pid='31565' dateline='1610059927']Which tablet are you experiencing that issue on? I do not experience that issue on my Samsung Tab S4 or my Samsung Note Pro 12.2. When I rotate, the menu correctly puts the icons that won't fit into the overflow menu. The overflow menu is not shown for me if I rotate back to landscape after.

Thanks,
Mike

This happens in my Samsung Note Pro 12.2.  The Max Lumi has no problem because it doesn't rotate automatically.
Here are shots of the orientations and menus.  Note that once the screen is rotated and the menu doesn't display properly, the problem persists even if I exit annotation mode and re-enter. To display the original menu correctly I need to restart MSP.

Donner BT pedal
How very strange that we have the same exact tablet and it's behaving differently for each of us. I'll see if I can figure out some way to replicate that issue. It must be some kind of timing issue I guess.

Thanks,
Mike

Update:
I see, so you are entering the annotations mode in landscape, exiting annotations mode, rotating, and then entering annotations mode in portrait. I do see the issue there. Should be an easy fix - I just need to invoke the logic to update the toolbar either when annotations mode is entered or when rotation occurs even if the annotations mode is not currently active.
(01-08-2021, 10:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: How very strange that we have the same exact tablet and it's behaving differently for each of us. I'll see if I can figure out some way to replicate that issue. It must be some kind of timing issue I guess.

Thanks,
Mike

Update:
I see, so you are entering the annotations mode in landscape, exiting annotations mode, rotating, and then entering annotations mode in portrait. I do see the issue there. Should be an easy fix - I just need to invoke the logic to update the toolbar either when annotations mode is entered or when rotation occurs even if the annotations mode is not currently active.  You want to refresh the menus every time you rotate, in or out of annotation mode.

Not exactly,  but yes it does what you describe even without leaving annot mode the first time you run MSP. Remember once it happens, you can only revert to the correct menus if you restart MSP.   You need to refresh menues every time you rotate, regardless where you are.
Donner BT pedal
I have a fix in place for this now.

Thanks,
Mike