• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Tool Stuck On Every Page of Every Song
I am not sure what I did, but one of the text tools is stuck on every page of every song.

Now it is located on the top left corner.  It is basically two grey tear drops, each about 1/2 centimeter with about 1/2 centimeter between the two "tear drops".

It is definitely related to the text tool (select/cut/paste) because when I select the text tool, I can move it to a different location.  {It looks like the tool to select text to cut or copy, etc.)

But, I can't seem to get rid of it.

Apparently it is part of a tool that is stuck "on" because it shows up on every page of every song.

Thanks for any help.  (Once this is fixed, I think I will try to hold off playing with the annotations for a little while).

Jeff
Can you take a screenshot of the issue Jeff?  It would help to see the problem as it appears on your device.

Thanks,
Mike
The ".11" file shows what is currently looks like. I think part of it is cut off.

In the other file (.22), I was able to move it (using the insert text tool) so you can see the full icon.

But, I can't seem to get rid of it (and it shows up on every page of every song).

I hope this helps.

As always, thanks!

Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is the other one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-07-2021, 12:52 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: Here is the other one.
Update:  After getting out of the application I "closed" it (but pulling up the any open apps on the home screen and
swiping them to close each one). 

When I reopened Mobilesheets, the icon no longer showed up.

But, I guess unless I am missing something (a very real possibility!), I am not sure that icon should have stayed on the screen like that before I made sure to close the app.

Jeff
So those are the Android text selection cursors. The two "handles" let you specify the region of text to be selected for operations such as copy or cut. When the text tool is used and the page is tapped, I'm inserting a transparent edit control on the page so that text can be entered and I can utilize all the standard text input behaviors. If you tap away after entering text, it removes that text control and the annotation is drawn normally. So the fact that you saw those text selection handles means that either the text control was positioned on the page and never properly removed (but then I would have expected you to see the blinking cursor), or there is something weird that happens if a text region was being selected and I remove the control in the middle of that. I'll run some tests to see if I can find a way to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-07-2021, 03:18 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So those are the Android text selection cursors. The two "handles" let you specify the region of text to be selected for operations such as copy or cut. When the text tool is used and the page is tapped, I'm inserting a transparent edit control on the page so that text can be entered and I can utilize all the standard text input behaviors. If you tap away after entering text, it removes that text control and the annotation is drawn normally. So the fact that you saw those text selection handles means that either the text control was positioned on the page and never properly removed (but then I would have expected you to see the blinking cursor), or there is something weird that happens if a text region was being selected and I remove the control in the middle of that. I'll run some tests to see if I can find a way to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks, Mike. In the meantime, if it happens again, I can just close out the app.

Jeff
The 2 pointy ellipses showed up on my tablet this AM. I restarted the tablet and they went away but the text entries I had made disappeared also. I have no idea what caused this other than I had been working on the text entries and some free form annotations, erasing, moving them and adding some stamps, etc. before stopping, and powering down for the night. Note: at the end of the day there was a problem trying to erase a free form, it wouldn't erase.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Skip - Was that on a Windows 10 device or an Android device? It definitely sounds like some kind of error was encounterd with the text annotations that caused them not to be saved. I'm hoping this is due to version 3.0.0 on Windows 10 and the problem will be fixed once Microsoft finally approves v3.0.2.

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry. It was on my Android Galaxy Note. I was hoping the additional info would help, not cause more confusion.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I appreciate the information. That's definitely concerning though - I'm not sure why the text annotations would not have been saved. I'll keep an eye out for that with my testing, but I've definitely never seen that happen.

Thanks,
Mike
I found the problem, operator error. I was using 2 layers and the 'missing' text is on the 2nd layer, which was turned off [the 'Eye' icon not highlighted]. Maybe there should be some way to signal 'hidden' layers in the main display along with the 'eye' in layers since the layers dropdown does't always show additional layers without turning 'pages' on/off. I suggest the number of layers with the active one highlighted [in the active/main display]. I found it by realizing the popup with the editor, nudge tool, copy tool, scissors tool, and trash was displayed without any visible text.
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(01-08-2021, 01:37 AM)Skip Wrote: I found the problem, operator error. I was using 2 layers and the 'missing' text is on the 2nd layer, which was turned off [the 'Eye' icon not highlighted]. Maybe there should be some way to signal 'hidden' layers in the main display along with the 'eye' in layers since the layers dropdown does't always show additional layers without turning 'pages' on/off. I suggest the number of layers with the active one highlighted [in the active/main display]. I found it by realizing the popup with the editor, nudge tool, copy tool, scissors tool, and trash was displayed without any visible text.

I wonder if my issue had something to do with (not understanding) layers....
By default, the top left and top right corners cycle through active layers. I'm actually going to remove these default touch actions because I think it will cause massive confusion among users that may not understand what is happening if they tap those corners accidentally. Users that want to have access to that functionality can enable it in the settings. I'm guessing you both may have accidentally triggered one of those touch actions.

Mike
For whatever reason I can't find any touch action activation response on the corners of my P900. I tried with the stylus mode on and off....... Am I missing something?
Samsung S7+, Android 12