• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen annotation problems with 3.0.0 release
(01-16-2021, 01:24 PM)rrrpiano Wrote: Here's a better video of the problem, showing the pen.
The circles start large, but as they get smaller it is clear that the drawing does not follow the pen well. It appears to drop some of the pen motions and smooths a 'circle' into a squiggle. Hope this makes it clearer.
A workaround would be to only use 'large' letters/numbers/drawings...but that is not ideal.
thanks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sUgB6xM...sp=sharing

Great video, explains the exact problem I also have.

And great Mike if you found a solution!
Surface Pro 8, i5, Windows 11
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Wow! Pen writing is really super precise after update. Great job!
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Thanks for the great support, Mike!
Works great! Smile
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
I'm so glad to hear it's working better now. Thanks for letting me know! I'm still trying to see if I can come up with ways to improve the performance while zoomed in, as it's still a little sluggish. It will most likely involve some pretty complex changes if I want to improve it though, as I would probably have to use something like virtualization where it only draws the part of the page that is currently visible.

Mike
I actually tried turning off high quality zooming, which I think made a decent improvement on speed and responsiveness while zooming. The quality isn't much worse, either! Can't believe I didn't realize to try that before...
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal
I may consider having high-quality zooming turned off as the default in the future, as you won't really notice the difference much unless you zoomed in quite a lot, and the zooming is more responsive as I don't have to completely re-render the image at a larger size each time a zooming operation completes.
(01-20-2021, 10:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I may consider having high-quality zooming turned off as the default in the future, as you won't really notice the difference much unless you zoomed in quite a lot, and the zooming is more responsive as I don't have to completely re-render the image at a larger size each time a zooming operation completes.

I really can´t see much difference in quality with it turned off. The annotation is more precise with it turned off. However when zoomed in the annotation line is drawn slightly to the right of marker. I mentioned this somewhere in the beta-thread. Anyone else seeing this?
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Is that a version 2.9.6 annotation or one created with 3.0.0? Also, just to verify, is that an actual line annotation, a highlight, or a freeform?

Thanks,
Mike
(01-20-2021, 09:21 PM)Cmart Wrote: I really can´t see much difference in quality with it turned off. The annotation is more precise with it turned off. However when zoomed in the annotation line is drawn slightly to the right of marker. I mentioned this somewhere in the beta-thread. Anyone else seeing this?

What text justification do you have set?   I find that having the justification to 'center' or 'right' puts the cursor in the wrong location and results on a misplacement of the final text even when not zoomed in.

Only the left justification works properly.

This happens in both of my Android tablets
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(01-21-2021, 03:41 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Is that a version 2.9.6 annotation or one created with 3.0.0? Also, just to verify, is that an actual line annotation, a highlight, or a freeform?

Thanks,
Mike
I mean when creating new annotations the pointer of the stylus and the line don't match. This is only when zoomed in. It´s actually all types of annotations even the eraser preview is a bit off to the right.
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
How off are we talking? I see the stylus might be a few pixels off from the point at which the drawing starts when fully zoomed in. Are you seeing it off more than that? I'll have to see if I can figure out why that's occurring.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-21-2021, 07:38 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: How off are we talking? I see the stylus might be a few pixels off from the point at which the drawing starts when fully zoomed in. Are you seeing it off more than that? I'll have to see if I can figure out why that's occurring.

Thanks,
Mike

Well it´s not much, approx. one line with size 3 to the left(3 pixels?). However if I zoom in BEFORE entering annotation mode the stylus is precise(but with line width scaled down).

It´s like its getting a tiny bit more off the more you zoom in. If I zoom in halfway it´s barely not noticeable. Anyway its not very much even fully zoomed in.
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Yeah, that sounds about right. It seems to me like it might be some kind of rounding issue or calculation that gets slightly off with the zoom level. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

Thanks,
Mike
The only problem I still have with the pen tool is, when I zoom into the PDF and try to write, if I don't give MobileSheets a moment to catch up, and start writing immediately instead, it'll ignore the first part of the stroke. For example, if I try to draw a 2, it'll look like an upside down 7 instead.
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal
Harry777 - Are you zooming in while in the annotations mode and then writing immediately and experiencing that problem? Or are you zooming in outside the annotation mode, entering the annotation mode with the stylus and trying to write immediately? I am looking into ways to potentially improve the application performance while zoomed in.

Thanks,
Mike