• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen annotation problems with 3.0.0 release
Thank you for the video. If you enable a border for the textbox, I think you will better understand what is going on. If you click somewhere to insert text, it is creating a textbox at that spot with the top-left corner of the text box being aligned with the click spot. The textbox will have a margin on the left side, and then text will start drawing from that point. If you right align text, that is just informing MobileSheetsPro to right-align text within that box, not to insert characters from the left side and move the text left. In fact, unless you draw a larger box than will fit the text, the alignment will have very little impact on the placement of the text within the text box. I mainly support those for users that draw larger boxes with borders and/or fill and want to control the text positioning from within that box. I'm not going to change this behavior because a) it would be very complex to do that at this point, and b) it would most certainly introduce new bugs. There would be little to gain from it in my opinion as well. 

I could not see the boundaries of the boxes in the video without the border turned on, so I can't say why it was editing the text when tapping within a 15mm radius. When I test on my device, I have to tap pretty darn close to the text field to start editing it - much closer than you were tapping in the video.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pen annotation problems with 3.0.0 release - by Zubersoft - 01-27-2021, 05:56 PM