• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
different behavior for swipe as foot pedal, for forward as back
I'm not even sure what feature to request (or if it already exists; if so, sorry!), but I'll try to describe what I want.
I like the half-page view for performance and practice (I'm a trumpet player) and I use a pageflip pedal to advance the screen. This lets me play an etude uninterrupted by the page turn. It's great!

Not so great is turning backward by half-pages. I don't do this in the course of performance (I use link points for repeats), and I just find it confusing; I can't process what is where when I turn backward.

Also, I expect, for some reason, a different behavior when swiping the screen. This more often happens when not playing, when during a lesson my teacher has asked me to turn to a certain passage for example. I have to swipe through the pages to find the spot, and it requires two swipes per page. It's not intuitive to me, either. I expect the "swipe" motion to drag the entire page off to the left and the entire new page onto the screen.

So I guess my request is to have settings for each case.

Does any of that make sense? I'm on a Windows Surface Pro.
Instead of "turning backward by half-pages",  you could try editing the page order   e.g. 1,2,3,2,3,4 (where you go back to page 2 after the first "page 3"). This would effectively mean that you are always moving "forward" through the document.
Having said that, I've no idea how that would work with half pages!

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
As I feared, I haven't made myself clear enough.

I don't need to go backward in the piece while playing, only to start again, to locate a certain place to practice, etc. When playing if a piece requires me to go back a page, I use link points along with the pedal setting which either triggers links or goes to next page.

I only go forward in playing, and for my use the half page is excellent - I can play "off the bottom" of a page and without hesitating continue on the top of the next page.

I suppose I could turn backwards by using the slider bar at the bottom; in fact that's probably a good workaround for me.
ayryq - There are pedal and touch actions to turn two pages forward or backward. If you use that with the half page display mode, it will result in a full page turn. You could use the option to turn two pages backward with one pedal switch and turn one page forward with the other. 

Mike
(01-13-2021, 08:08 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: ayryq - There are pedal and touch actions to turn two pages forward or backward. If you use that with the half page display mode, it will result in a full page turn. You could use the option to turn two pages backward with one pedal switch and turn one page forward with the other. 

Mike

That works great, I guess the trick will be remembering I did it when I switch to a different display mode!

My other comment still stands, that I'd like to set the behavior of swipe/tap to do something else—a mild feature suggestion for the bottom of the list.
I wrote up a feature request for that in my bug tracking system for the future when time allows.

Thanks,
Mike