• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straightening Scans
Often while scanning music, I end up with somewhat crooked pages. It's not bad, but it's also not great. Does anyone on here straighten their music after scanning? If so, what programs do you use? Does anyone know of programs that will automatically straighten slightly rotated pages in a pdf? Thanks.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
(01-14-2021, 04:21 PM)samibe Wrote: Often while scanning music, I end up with somewhat crooked pages. It's not bad, but it's also not great. Does anyone on here straighten their music after scanning? If so, what programs do you use? Does anyone know of programs that will automatically straighten slightly rotated pages in a pdf? Thanks.

If you have and Android or Apple device, try Clearscanner. It does a fantastic job at capturing, cropping (with your control), stretching it to fill a rectangle even if the photo is distorted and whitening to a perfect B&W image.
You can scan as many pages at the time as you need and creates a pdf that you can the share.
I've tried many similar apps but this one is my favorite.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_CA&gl=US
 https://www.apple.com/us/search/clearsca...=globalnav
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(01-14-2021, 04:21 PM)samibe Wrote: Often while scanning music, I end up with somewhat crooked pages. It's not bad, but it's also not great. Does anyone on here straighten their music after scanning? If so, what programs do you use? Does anyone know of programs that will automatically straighten slightly rotated pages in a pdf? Thanks.
I use PDFescape.

PDFescape - Free PDF Editor & Free PDF Form Filler

There is a deskew function.

[b]PDFescape's[/b] new free PDF straightening tool This new free PDF tool is found on the "Page" tab of the[b] PDFescape[/b] interface (you may also need to click the "More" button to reveal it). Once activated, it allows users to quickly draw a line indicating what should be the page's horizontal alignment.

Regards,

Jerryghr
For quick and easy big and fine tuning of rotation, all sorts of color/brightness/contrast/etc controls, and FREE, 
I have used IrfanView for many, many, MANY years. And I say that being a paid (at times) Photoshop guy since version 1!

IrfanView just has all the quick and easy tools. I use it for scans, pics, and anything else graphic related.
Be sure to get the plugin pack, it takes the program to the next level, being able to open just about anything.
I've made it my default viewer on every PC I have.
Good luck!
Eric