• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody see ChromeOS Fullscreen Mode bug?
(03-12-2021, 07:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: otnt - I was actually on 89.0.4389 previously and did not see that issue, but I just updated to version 90.0.4430.19, so I will not be able to easily test this on the stable channel version now. Having said that, how exactly am I supposed to reproduce this issue? I enabled performance mode, and under Settings->Display Settings I have both fullscreen mode and hide the navigation bar enabled. I loaded a song, and I don't see the blue bar at the top (the application is using the full screen). I can turn pages and everything works fine. I can't seem to get that blue bar at the top to come down when I don't have the keyboard and touchpad connected. If I attach the keyboard and touchpad, I can move the mouse to the top and bring down the blue bar and click the arrow at the far left, but once I'm on the library screen, the bar goes away and everything still seems to be perfectly fine. So I'm going to need more information on the steps required to see what you are seeing along with either screenshots or a video of some kind so I can see the problem in real time.

As a side note, being on the beta channel is not really experimenting - it just means you'll get all the latest changes for Chrome OS sooner. The development channel is the risky one. Beta really has never been a problem for me, and it ensures that I am able to take advantage of the latest Chrome OS changes much sooner.

Thanks,
Mike

I just uploaded video to YouTube https://youtu.be/tIIK0-xVohw where you can see 4 Pixel Slates behaving same way.
All four tablets were never connected to keyboard, touchpad or a mouse. They were only connected to each other or Google's Pixelbook Pen or master (no.1) to AirTurn's BT-105 page turner.
I use all four tablets solely only for displaying the sheet music (in PDF).

The behavior shown in the video persist for at least last 6 month.
That blue overlay (with back arrow on the left & closing cross on the right) covering very top of the screen is showing up ONLY in the performance mode.
At the end of the video I confirm when the performance mode is disabled the issue goes away and full screen works as it should.

How to reproduce this issue is the question. All four tables have the same MSPro settings.
AirTurn page turner was only connected to tablet no.1 (master). I can confirm the issue is persistent no matter if AirTurn is connected or not.

Should I take screenshots of the MSPro settings?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody see ChromeOS Fullscreen Mode bug? - by otnt - 03-12-2021, 07:54 PM