• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody see ChromeOS Fullscreen Mode bug?
(03-13-2021, 04:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I've reverted my device back to the stable channel, I'm testing with the same settings as you (as far as I can tell from the video), but I'm still not seeing the problem. So I'm going to need you to either share a library backup file, or capture all of the settings across library settings, display settings, the display mode dialog, and the page scaling dialog, and I will see if something is different between how we've configured the app (I'm using almost all the defaults except for changing the display mode to vertical scrolling to match you and switching the few settings under Display Settings to match what was shown in your video). 

If I'm still unable to reproduce the problem after this, then I will start to think you've modified some kind of setting in ChromeOS itself that is responsible for this issue, as I now have a completely clean device on the stable channel. You didn't modify any of the OS settings related to the gestures by chance, did you? On my device, I can't even bring that blue bar down at the top of the screen unless I have a mouse attached. If I drag down with my finger, it switches between apps.

Also, please try testing one of the devices without the protective case on it. Those can sometimes trigger odd gestures on devices, so I just want to rule that out as a possibility.

Thanks,
Mike

So I really sat down today and to toggle every MSPro settings.
Until I came to "Other Settings": "Disable Mouse Cursor in Performance Mode" is what brings up the issue. I was tempted to select and tick this setting on.
It suggests that it "disables and hides the mouse cursor" but the opposite is true.

And I never use the mouse or touchpad or keyboard with these tablets. As I don't need metronome, audio, page turn animation I was disabling what I could and that is why I ticked also to disable the mouse cursor.

Anyway I was also trying different settings in ChromeOS settings: Device: Displays: I was changing resolution under "Built-in display"
Findings are that:
- if 115%, 130% and 150% are selected the blue bar would show up just briefly.
- if 100% (is what I use), 90%, 80%, 70%, and 60% are selected the blue bar would stay on.

As I mentioned before there was never real problem because there was the workaround to use this fantastic piece of software anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody see ChromeOS Fullscreen Mode bug? - by otnt - 03-13-2021, 09:21 AM