• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody see ChromeOS Fullscreen Mode bug?
I'm glad you figured that out. To hide the cursor in performance mode, I call a method called "requestPointerCapture" which basically locks the mouse movement and hides the cursor. To release it, I call "releasePointerCapture" which I do when you return to the library screen. The behavior you see with the blue bar coming down and not being released is how Google is responding to my request. I would definitely avoid using that setting unless you are actually using a mouse with the device. Having said that, I've done a little research and it may be possible for me to determine when a mouse is actually present, and ignore that setting if there is no mouse. I will test with this to see if it works.

UPDATE:
It appears I cannot accurately determine if a mouse is connected using Google's API. So I have no choice but to always call requestPointerCapture and releasePointerCapture and hope the OS responds appropriately. As you have found, this does not work well if you don't actually have a mouse connected. I will add a comment in the details of that setting to not enable it if a mouse isn't connected.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody see ChromeOS Fullscreen Mode bug? - by Zubersoft - 03-13-2021, 11:16 AM