• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung S Pen button press not working.
Hello. 

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S7+ Tablet with S Pen. 

In MobileSheets Pro (v.3. 0.6) I have the pen button set to eraser. However, when I press the button and try to erase an annotation it does not work. Nothing happens when I use the pen on the screen. When I release the button, the pen writes as normal. 

I tested an S Pen from a Galaxy Note 20 and the same thing happened. When the button was pressed the eraser function did not work. 

Is this a known bug? Has anybody else had this problem?

Thank you. 

Larkapal.
Hello Larkapal,

I had attempted to add support for the Samsung Remote S-Pen functionality (so that triggering the side button even without the pen touching the screen would work), but this has caused a number of issues. I have removed the s-pen remote support, so after the next update is released, you should no longer encounter these issues with the stylus button.

Mike
(02-08-2021, 06:08 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Larkapal,

I had attempted to add support for the Samsung Remote S-Pen functionality (so that triggering the side button even without the pen touching the screen would work), but this has caused a number of issues. I have removed the s-pen remote support, so after the next update is released, you should no longer encounter these issues with the stylus button.

Mike

I hope that does not remove the support for the button altogether because I use the ereaser button a lot with my Galaxy Tab S3....
(02-17-2021, 07:30 PM)McConnor Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 06:08 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Larkapal,

Mike

I hope that does not remove the support for the button altogether because I use the ereaser button a lot with my Galaxy Tab S3....

I have a Surface Book and a Surface Pen, and although Mike has said MobileSheets has absolutely no way to communicate with the pen, the eraser on the end still works without any issues. Hopefully that means it'll still work for you, too!
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal
To clarify - I removed support for the remote S-Pen functionality, which refers to processing the button presses while the stylus is not actively touching or hovering above the screen. This is implemented using bluetooth with the newer Samsung devices, and I had to implement support for a new API that Samsung makes available. It unfortunately didn't work quite as I hoped, and I don't have a remote s-pen to test with, so I just removed that functionality for the time being. You can still hold the stylus button down and use it to erase, for example. I had another user test and verify this before removing the remote s-pen functionality.

Mike