• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synchronization very slow
After successfully transferring the database, it takes more than 3 minutes before the individual songs are compared and listed. Is this normal? What does msp do during this time?

2x surface pro
WLAN Conncetion
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
After the database is transferred, MobileSheets has to go through and read all of the data for every song in the libraries of both devices so that they can be compared. In previous versions, I initialized the data for each song before that particular song was checked for differences. This was less efficient than reading them all at once though, as I create a transaction now before reading all of the data, which apparently can improve the read speed. So now there is up-front delay during initialization, but the synchronization of each song after that should be faster. 

Mike
Thank you for this information.
Maybe it would be good to display an activity icon (hourglass, gyroscope, progress bar, ...) for this period.
With 3 minutes without visible activity, one always thinks the computer is frozen.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I will make a note to add some kind activity or progress indicator for that. For most users, the database will be initialized incredibly quickly. I think it really only becomes noticeable if you have more than 5000 or 10000 songs that you are synchronizing. If you also have a significant number of annotations, that may take a while to read out as well.

Mike