• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strange setlist
Hello, today I've noticed something weird.
I've created a setlist with 14 songs. If I click on no.14 the screen shows song no.1.
If I open a song <14 and click through the list, then song no. 13 is correctly followed by song no. 14 as expected.
If I put song no. 14 to another place in the setlist (e.g no.2) and click on it directly, the screen shows the song number plus 8 (in my example song no. 10). Sometimes it opens the wrong song but not on page 1 but on page 2. That's quite strange altogether. Huh
Did anone else notice such miraculous actions? Please advice.

Kind regards, Nachthorn
That is quite strange - just to verify, if you go to Settings->About, are you running version 3.0.8? If you remove that song from the setlist and add it back, does the same problem occur? What sort order do you currently have set for the setlist? Do you have it set to descending sort order or ascending? Are you just tapping songs to load them or are you tapping the music icon?

Thanks,
Mike
(02-25-2021, 06:52 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is quite strange - just to verify, if you go to Settings->About, are you running version 3.0.8? If you remove that song from the setlist and add it back, does the same problem occur? What sort order do you currently have set for the setlist? Do you have it set to descending sort order or ascending? Are you just tapping songs to load them or are you tapping the music icon?

Thanks,
Mike

Hello Mike,

thanks for your reply. Let me try to answer all your questions.
The first question was  a direct hit.

Right now I'm using v. 3.0.1

I will load the update to 3.0.8 and retry. I'll post the results.
are you running version 3.0.8?
NACHTHORN:
I've updated the software now to 3.0.8. Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Would have been to easy.

Up to the remainig questions.

If you remove that song from the setlist and add it back, does the same problem occur?
NACHTHORN:
Removing and readding the song doesn't help. Rebuilding the setlist with another name doesn't help. Neither does a backup of the databse and reloading it completely.

What sort order do you currently have set for the setlist? Do you have it set to descending sort order or ascending?
NACHTHORN:
The sort method is manual and ascending. For a quick test I've changed it to A-Z. My critical song is now on position 13 (before 14) and it's still opening a wrong file. All other songs seems to work correctly.

Are you just tapping songs to load them or are you tapping the music icon?
NACHTHORN:
I'm not sure if I got the question right.
I'll describe my routine:
I tap on Setlist.
I tap on the name of the required setlist.
All songs are displayed in a lit with ascending numers on the left. (1-14)
Then I scroll down  to the end.
I tap on the title of no. 14
I get the wrong song.

Alternative
I tap on the title of no. 13.
I get the music of no. 13
I tap on the right side of the screen to switch to the next song and there I get the music of no. 14.

I hope you can understand my explanations. Do you need further details?

Best regards, Nachthorn
I don't seem to have a way of easily reproducing the problem. If I tap on the last song in my test setlist, it loads that song. Please do something for me - long press that setlist on the setlists tab, then tap Share->Export songs and files and email the .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com (if the file is larger than the allowed email limit, you may have to share it through the cloud using Dropbox/Google Drive/etc). That will allow me to hopefully see the same problem you are seeing. 

As a side note, if you've changed any settings under Settings->Library Settings such as "Always Load the Last Viewed Page", "Always Load Whole Setlist", or any other relevant settings that impact the loading of setlists, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-27-2021, 06:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I don't seem to have a way of easily reproducing the problem. If I tap on the last song in my test setlist, it loads that song. Please do something for me - long press that setlist on the setlists tab, then tap Share->Export songs and files and email the .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com

Dear Mike

i`ve just sent you the requested file by e-mail.

Kind regards, Nachthorn
case closed. Smile