• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations completely freezes max lumi, reboot needed
Mike, *I* just discovered this problem with my PadMu (Onyx Boox Note 2)! Okay... I *thought* it was freezing when I was at choir class earlier today. To backfill the story: I actually haven't been using MSP very much lately, as my church uses Planning Center Services Music Stand app, & for the choir I've been using Gvido (as the 2-page spread is really helpful). This morning, the teacher emailed me a new score. I normally do all my score loading at work, but I wasn't going to work today until after choir, so I thought: let's get 21st century. Downloaded the PDF on my phone, used Genius Scan to clean it up (mostly crop off the excess margin), save it to my standard Dropbox transfer folder, fired up my phone's mobile hotspot & used that to import the new song into MSP. Worked *PERFECTLY*. <smile> So, I thought we just did a video mini-concert last week, this week is all new music working on little bits at a time, I really don't need Gvido. Get to the school, pull out PadMu - so far, so good. Now - when I first started working with MobileSheets Pro, of course I tested the annotation system & it worked fine; well, it was a little too sensitive to the provided stylus, so I had been using my spare Gvido stylus, which had worked great.

Got to a spot in the score where the top line of the staff didn't come through the scan well, so I wanted to write in the note names for a measure where everything was ledger lines - that's where the trouble started. Now, I hadn't annotated anything since I put the patch #s on my cover band's scores. That was a) using the text tool & b) over a month ago. (I'm running 3.0.10) When I touched the screen to activate the annotations, then touched the pen tool & tried to write, nothing happened - except when I tried to click something else, also nothing - had to force a restart. Repeated the process - same results. Restarted a 3rd time to get through the class, deciding that writing those 3 note names really wasn't all that important right then.

Got to work & experimented... what I discovered was that MSP hadn't *frozen*, per se: if I sat & watched it, a thin line representing my test circle would excruciatingly slowly appear, as if I was drawing it in slo-motion. Literally, took a solid 30 seconds to render a half-second circle. Once it finished, I could usually then get the screen to react - but the circle never looked as I intended. I thought maybe it was that particular PDF, so I opened up several of my scores that have been scanned at various points in my career - *ALL* off them reacted the same way, but only to the Pen tool! If I started with Highlighter, that seemed to work fine - as did Erase. But not Pen... which, of course, is the one I really need to work properly. Further testing revealed that *NOTHING* seems wrong with the native Notes app, nor Music Stand, not the PadMu app - only MobileSheets Pro.

Any ideas?
Ron Pietrantoni
music coordinator
Grace Community Church
Detroit, MI, USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Annotations completely freezes max lumi, reboot needed - by ronpietrantoni - 03-31-2021, 04:54 AM