• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working with stamps
The dropdown for stamps contains a number of different UI elements that are not in the popup version of the window, including the preview at the top and all of the settings at the bottom. I don't want to make this entire dropdown movable, because it blocks far too much of the screen. If you are just looking for a shortcut to pop up the movable version of the window, I'm fine with providing that. The other thing I'm considering is only having one version of the stamps popup (so the toolbar will just display the same window as the radial menu), but the preview at the top will become collapseable along with the settings at the bottom so that you can still access those if needed, but they will be hidden to reduce the window height otherwise. One of the nice things about having a separate dropdown from the movable window is that you can use the collapsed version of the stamps window, but if you need to quickly change settings and you don't want to use the radial menu, you can just view the stamps dropdown and change the settings there. I am not opposed to adding a "Add to favorites" context menu option in the stamps window, but that will be equivalent to selecting the stamp and then hitting the + button on the favorites window. View file information is not relevant for the built-in stamps - there is no file tied to them (they are tied to a music font packaged with the application), so I'm not sure why you want to see that. That option only applies to custom user stamps.
So my main question here is - do you want the dropdown to have a shortcut to bring up the movable version of the stamp window (so that access to the stamps settings remains in the dropdown), or do you want there to just be one single stamps window but I will have to make the top and bottom sections of it collapsable? Obviously if you collapse the stamp window down to the vertical list, you'd have to expand it before expanding the top or bottom sections, so that could be very tedious versus having quick access to those settings in the dropdown.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Working with stamps - by palosanto - 03-16-2021, 05:45 AM
RE: Working with stamps - by Zubersoft - 03-16-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: Working with stamps - by palosanto - 03-16-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Working with stamps - by Zubersoft - 03-16-2021, 10:51 AM
RE: Working with stamps - by palosanto - 03-16-2021, 12:05 PM