• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter License after install of Trial Verison
I downloaded the trial version from Microsoft's Store few nights back, and now want to install the license key I just purchased.  The thing is, I purchased the license from the website (for $2 more than MS Store?) but don't see anyway to add it.  MS Store wants me to download the paid version, and charge me.  I got an installer link with the key from FastSpring, but I'm afraid if I do that, it'll wipe out the few songs I've already imported.  

What do I do here?  Is there a way to add the key thru the software? Can we refund my purchase here (and I delete the license key I was sent) and I go thru MS Store, or do I reinstall from your website link?

Looks like a great program, I'm excited to start using it. 

Russ
Hello Russ,

You are going to want to backup your library, uninstall the Microsoft Store version, install the FastSpring version, enter your license key and then restore your library. The simplest way to do this is to create a library backup file in MobileSheets under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library. This will generate a single .msb file containing all of your songs and settings. I should mention that there is another way to do this. When you install the FastSpring version, it will create this folder: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Zubersoft.MobileSheets_m0zk3axhy8w52\LocalState

The Microsoft Store version installs to this folder: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState

You can just copy the entire LocalState folder from the Microsoft Store version to the FastSpring version, load the software, enter your license key, and you will see your entire library will be there, and all of your settings will also be transferred. You can then uninstall the Microsoft Store version.

The reason for the slightly higher cost on the FastSpring version is that I have to run my own license server to validate license keys (and there are extra expenses to manage this) along with the distribution of application updates. This is all normally handled by Microsoft through their infrastructure with the Microsoft Store version. The FastSpring version was mainly set up for customers that want to purchase license keys in bulk (which provides a discount), or users that don't want to rely on Microsoft despite the slightly higher cost and the limitation of one purchase per device. 

Mike
Thank you for the detailed explanation Mike!  Appreciate the help

Russ