• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple links on one page - pedal control?
If I have only one link on a page, I can select it with a "third" pedal (I use the other two for page forward/back).  This works fine, unless I have more than one link on a page.  Then MS appears to mostly choose the first (or perhaps the first I created).   I have to mess about with a mouse to find and click on any others - a but tedious whilst I'm playing as then I have to lift a hand from the keyboard.

What can I do to improve this situation?  Thanks.

--Andrew
There are several more choices in 'settings>touch&pedal settings>pedal settings' that may work for you.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
The way most users deal with this is to utilize the "Activate Next Link or Go to Next Page" pedal action. It will trigger link points in the order they were created, so you can advance through the song in a specific order. If the next link point is not on the current page, then the pedal action will just turn the page. The other option is to use the page order feature to eliminate the need to use link points at all, as you can just repeat pages and change the order as needed.

Mike
Thanks both for those suggestions - and for responding so quickly.  I hadn't considered using links like bookmarks in that way (if I understand you correctly).  I also haven't explored the "page order" feature so I'll do that as well.
(03-23-2021, 09:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The other option is to use the page order feature to eliminate the need to use link points at all, as you can just repeat pages and change the order as needed.

This approach appears to do what I want.  However the page numbers displayed by MS don't tell me when this is happening.  For example, if I repeat pp2-3 with a page order like this "1,2,3,2,3,4" then MS displays page numbers as "1,2,3,4,5,6".

I can visually work out that it's done what I wanted from looking at the music.  However it would be very useful to have the confirmation of what's happening by displaying the page order, rather than the numeric number of pages displayed.  Does that make sense?  Is it possible to configure that?  Thanks.

--Andrew
And in fact the more I try out Page Ordering the more impressed I am.  I REALLY like the feature where annotations remain "page" specific.  So if I have the same page multiple times, the annotations can be different depending on where in the sequence the page is displayed.  So, for example, I can return to an earlier page to play an ending that is only part of that page - but highlight this only on the last viewing of the page.  Clever!
There isn't really an option to display the source file page (although some users have asked for this kind of an indicator somewhere, so I'm thinking about adding something in the future). You can annotate each instance of a page and add a page number with a text annotation to serve the same purpose.

Mike