• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Pedal to Start Setlist
Hey all!
I have looked and don't see this anywhere, I apologize if it's been answered.

I would like to open my setlist before I begin playing, then press the next song pedal to start the first song in the Setlist.
I have tried the obvious settings in the Pedal Settings and don't seem to find the ability to do this.

My reason is that I have a guitar on, in front of a keyboard, and sometimes a mic stand.
When I reach forward to hit the first song, it's kind of awkward. 
I wish I could just open the setlist early and go from there!

Thanks for any help on this. Or maybe a feature request?  Rolleyes
Eric
Would selecting the set list then 'load all' work?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I'm a little confused as to why you wouldn't just load the song from the setlist (since you say you are opening it before you begin playing), unless you are relying on features that start automatically (such as scrolling or audio playback). If you do need to utilize those features, then I can understand the desire to load the setlist with a hands-free approach. I will consider potentially supporting what you are asking for, as I can't see too many downsides to it, besides a user accidentally triggering their pedal and being surprised by a song suddenly being loaded. 

Mike
Hey, Mike!
My main issue is leaning over the keyboard while holding a guitar, or being a little farther away from the tablet when starting the first song.
It would just be nice to have the setlist open and hit "next song" on the pedal to start the setlist.

Since I have my own tracks attached to each song and they launch automatically, this would be especially helpful on the ones with a quick 4 click to start. I would be able to have my hands on the guitar/piano for that first one.

Also, I'm 6'4" and have pianist hands, so I've fat-fingered a few times in starting the first song. So that's probably most of my reasoning!

This was just something I've run up against in my first month of using MS. My church was able to get me a Surface just for music and this is awesome! Next up... multiple Surface's running MS, all tied to mine! Of course, I need my band back... sadness.

Thanks again for all the input!
Eric
Why not put a blank song in as the first song on the set list with the second song being the actual first song?
And.... Mr_Cat is a genius. Wow. I'm just... wow.
Thanks!
Eric
Sometimes the most simple solution is the best one Smile

I'll still write up a feature request to support using the pedal to load a song so that you can utilize that in the future instead of having to add a blank song to every setlist.

Mike
(03-25-2021, 11:42 AM)saxmaneric Wrote: And.... Mr_Cat is a genius. Wow. I'm just... wow.
Thanks!
Eric

I describe myself as creativly lazy (even to my boss)  - if there is an easy way or a shortcut then generally I find it...

Some people call it efficient but I think that sets the bar WAY too high...

Although I did have an advatage - I have a blank song called "End of set" so it wasn't much of a logical leap to add one at the start...

Glad it helped !
(03-25-2021, 12:22 AM)Mr_Cat Wrote: Why not put a blank song in as the first song on the set list with the second song being the actual first song?

Ok - here is the "next level" solution... 

upload the event poster and use it as your first page 

What can I say - I was bored !!!