• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of small bugs and a feature request
Those were the settings I was using to sync to the cloud folder (update device/always use data from folder, update folder/always use data from device, check for updated files in the cloud folder not selected) but I've just gone back and tried it again (changed a title, synced to cloud folder, synced a different tablet from the cloud folder) and this time it worked fine. Not sure what happened last time but all seems to be good now so I'll probably go back to syncing over wifi via a cloud folder and I'll keep an eye out for titles not updating (although I don't often have cause to change titles).

When I sync to device over bluetooth the 'device sync activity' dialogue has a field that shows the connected device. On the client you have to choose which device to connect to and that correctly shows the device name (i.e. the individual one I've allocated through the bluetooth settings) of the server device. Once the connection is made there is a field on the server device which also says that it is showing the connected device but the name that shows there is the allocated device name of the server itself. For example I have a Max 3 that I've named 'cello' and one called 'viola'. If I'm syncing them over bluetooth with cello as the server and viola as the client then on the viola device it will give the connected device name as 'cello' as it should, but on the cello device it will then show the name of the connected device as 'cello' where it should say 'viola'.

Because I have four tablets and each one has four libraries I have to do 12 syncs to keep the other 3 tablets up to date. When I do those syncs via bluetooth there are usually 3 or 4 that fail and have to be repeated. When they fail what happens is that the server device continues to show 0% in the progress bar - there is nothing to show that it has failed and nothing saying that it's succeeded - it just looks like it's waiting. On the client device it says 'library synchronisation completed succesfully' but if it says that and the server still says 0% then when I check the client device it hasn't synced. It would be good if the client device showed that the sync hasn't happened in that situation rather than reporting that it has. Definitely a low priority compared to the iOS release and versioning update though as you say. Unlikely to be an issue for me as I'm going back to syncing to a cloud folder over wifi but might be worth looking at when you have the time.

With the half-page/whole-page thing I just want to make it clear that I was talking about the amount that the page advances rather than how much of the page is shown. I wasn't sure whether you maybe thought I was talking about the latter. I usually leave the tablets in vertical scrolling mode (with the scale mode on fit screen) so that if I need to have the bottom of one page and the top of the next in view then I can drag it with my finger but for the rest of the time it just operates more or less as if it were in single page mode - if I touch the right side of the screen or hit the forward pedal then it moves the top of the next page to the top of the screen which is great. What I was commenting on was that while touching the right side of the screen reliably brings the next page to the top of the screen if the overlay is off, it doesn't always behave that way if the overlay is on - most of the time touching the right side of the screen will still bring the top of the next page to the top of the screen but if there's a piece that's 3 pages or more it will only advance the page by half a page rather than bringing the top of the next page to the top of the screen, and if there's a single-page piece that's too short to reach the top and bottom of the screen then touching the right side of the screen (still with the overlay on) will just move that page so that the top of the page is at the top of the screen rather than advancing to the next page. This isn't creating any issues for me because I only use the overlay for editing or changing settings and it really is a very minor thing but it seems like a glitch so I thought I'd mention it. Let me know if you need any info about settings. [Edit: I was just mucking around with it and found that if I load a setlist of single-page pieces and then bring up the overlay then touching the right side of the page makes the pages advance random amounts. At one point this carried over to when I got rid of the overlay but after flicking through a few pieces it righted itself and I have no idea how to make it happen again.]

If it's easy for you to add in then a label on the sync screen showing the active library would be great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of small bugs and a feature request - by Oz Cello - 01-24-2022, 02:26 PM