• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 accounts on 1 computer?
Hey! Here's a doozy for you!

Context:
So... between me and my son, I think we own 5 MS accounts (windows & android) for personal and our respective churches.

Idea:
Could I, somehow (I've looked and don't see it), have two different installations of MS on my Windows PC, each with its own separate account?
OR... would being able to logout and then login as a different user work? Maybe have separate settings, etc?
I think I've looked pretty hard at all the settings and don't see a 'logout' feature. Am I missing something?

Background:
I mentioned a while back about having different storage locations for each Library. This would actually fix that without having to change code.

Thanks!
Eric
If you set up two different accounts in Windows, the installation of MobileSheets should be separate for each account. All of the application data is stored under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr, so each user has a complete different application directory. It's pretty easy to set up additional users in Windows and switch between accounts.

Mike
(04-10-2021, 03:31 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you set up two different accounts in Windows, the installation of MobileSheets should be separate for each account. All of the application data is stored under C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr, so each user has a complete different application directory. It's pretty easy to set up additional users in Windows and switch between accounts.
Mike

Do I have to buy 2 licenses?  The 2nd Windows 11 account that I setup can't find MS installed on the computer (menus).  I could manually add a shortcut to the .exe file, I suppose...   I want the 2nd account to auto-run MS so that no keyboard is required (or as little as possible).  If needed, I'm willing to backup and restore so that I can keep the 2 accounts synced up.

Please advise.
If you log into the Microsoft Store with the same account under both user accounts, you may be able to avoid having to purchase a second license. I'm not sure exactly how Microsoft handles that though... Alternatively you can go with the FastSpring store version which uses a license key instead of an account. 

There isn't an exe you can add a shortcut to, but you can pin the application to the Windows taskbar. This forum thread discusses how to set MobileSheets to load at startup: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-5233.html

Mike