• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crop enhancements
Your first suggestion would only really make sense for the automatic cropping feature. Is that what you envision it being used for? Did you want that to apply when the automatic cropping is used while importing a new file, or do you envision that being used mainly while manually cropping? I'm not sure if a single numeric value is sufficient because some users may want to specify a 0 pixel margin while still cropping every side, and I'm not sure if a value of 0 would be intuitive for users to know that it would disable cropping entirely on that side. It seems to me like you would want two separate settings - one setting to control which sides the automatic cropping applies to, and then another setting to specify the extra margin to provide for each side. The default margin when using the non-aggressive cropping is 8 density-independent pixels at the moment. I really need to get a feel for how many users would actually benefit from these settings though, as it seems like a fairly uncommon thing to do. Eliminating margins will always ensure that the part of the page you care about is scaled as large as possible, but if you don't match the aspect ratio of the tablet, you'll just get black bars on the sides or top/bottom instead of the white margin. Saving the margins at the top/bottom doesn't make the image any bigger or buy you anything. If your main concern is seeing the entire screen filled, you can just set the page background color to white and it would accomplish the same thing as leaving those white margins if your goal is to fill the screen. You can also just change the page scaling mode to "Full screen" and crop everything the max amount possible, ensuring that you don't have to care about matching the aspect ratio perfectly in exchange for having a slightly amount of distortion of the image as it is stretched out of its normal aspect ratio.

Some other users have asked for options to restrict the cropping region to a specific aspect ratio, meaning you could only resize it diagonally. I may consider doing this if it's useful to people, but I still think it has limited usefulness in general.

In the song editor, go to the files tab, tap the little circle with an i in it to the right of the file name and you will see an option to "Browse Folder". This will open a file explorer window at that location.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Crop enhancements - by wthalliii - 04-20-2021, 09:02 AM
RE: Crop enhancements - by Zubersoft - 04-20-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Crop enhancements - by wthalliii - 04-20-2021, 11:27 PM