• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active layer invisible in e-ink version
I'm assuming you have the pen tool active in all of these examples? If you switch to the highlighter tool and repeat the tests, does it work reliably? I am forcing a refresh after about 250ms without any interaction, so perhaps that works better on my device than on the newer, faster models. I'm not sure why that would be though.

Thank,
Mike
Mike ,  please follow exactly these steps and let me know if you can reproduce them. I have.

This happens regardless of what tool is selected:

1.- Load a song with at least 2 concatenated documents and a total of say 3-4 pages although most of the following applies to single document songs also.

2.- This only applies if the song has more than one document:  Open the layer window.  Only the pages of the first document will appear.  The next pages will show up when you reach the  first page of the next document.  IMHO it would be better to have all pages shown when the layer window is displayed.

3.- Each page shows initially one layer, current and with no delete icon. So far so good.

4.- Add a layer to page 1.  The new layer becomes current and both layers have now the delete icon. Deleting the second layer leaves the first layer current and its delete symbol is removed. Still as expected.  Bare with me ... 

5.- Repeat steps 4 on page 2.

6.- On page 1, you can switch the current layer from 2 to 1 en viceversa without problem.  Now on page 2 click on layer 1 to make it active and again on layer 2.  Both layers become active but only one is supposed to be current.  This cannot be undone, layers remain both highlighted (bold and underlined). Adding extra layers and clicking on them do not remove highlight on the others and they all become highlighted.

7.-Also note that page 1 lost the highlight of its current layer when the double highlight occurred in page 2 although its layers can be highlighted individually again without the multiple highlight problem of the other pages. 
However, clicking on layers other than page 1 causes the same problem described above.

8.- Go to page 3. Add a layer, it becomes current. Now delete it, the original layer is left but without highlight when it should be as it's the only one,  then note that page 1 has now both layers highlighted.  Also in page 3, trying to add new layers doesn't work anymore although in fact they are added but don't show up.

Exiting the annotations and loading again the same song refreshes everything and all the previous invisible layers appear but the same things described above will happen again.

PS:  Strong suggestion. Please make the current page on display (Page 1, Page 2 etc), shown in bold on the layers list. Depending on the diplay settings it's hard to know what page are we currently working on.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(05-01-2021, 05:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The layers in that song were already in a bad state though because Layer 2 is shown without the ability to delete it and as you mentioned, it's shown as selected at the same time as Edu. I need to know how layer 2 got in that state, because that is what is causing the third layer to be incorrect. If you added layer 2 in the same way as layer 3 and it's behaving that way in every song you test with, and not just that song, then I'm definitely at a loss to explain what is happening, because when I tap to add a new layer, it seems to work just fine and I don't get that behavior. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,
Mike

The layers seem to work fine in other songs.
For this particular one, I exited the song, opened it again and the 'cross' delete button showed up next to those layers, so I could delete all layers and keep just the first one.
If I re-add a layer2, it's again created without delete button. The delete button shows up after exiting and re-entering  the song.
I can repeat this again and again. I can make a screecast if it helps.
Version 3.1.4 has been released with fixes for the annotation layers. Please download the update and let me know if it works properly for you both with the latest version. 

Thanks,
Mike
palosanto - In regards to your feedback, the layer popup is only going to show layers for pages that have been loaded into memory (which will happen if you turn to them). I have no plans of showing every layer for every page, because if you have a several hundred page PDF, I don't want to populate that window with hundreds of pages all with their own layers and annotations, as it could cause a noticeable slowdown. I'll write up a note to myself to make the active page bolded in a future update, as I was in a hurry to get a fix in place for this ASAP.

Mike
(05-01-2021, 10:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Version 3.1.4 has been released with fixes for the annotation layers. Please download the update and let me know if it works properly for you both with the latest version. 

Thanks,
Mike

So far so good!!  Everything works.  
Thanks Mike.
Donner BT pedal
(05-01-2021, 10:55 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - In regards to your feedback, the layer popup is only going to show layers for pages that have been loaded into memory (which will happen if you turn to them). I have no plans of showing every layer for every page, because if you have a several hundred page PDF, I don't want to populate that window with hundreds of pages all with their own layers and annotations, as it could cause a noticeable slowdown. I'll write up a note to myself to make the active page bolded in a future update, as I was in a hurry to get a fix in place for this ASAP.

Mike

Makes sense, no worries.
Donner BT pedal
(05-01-2021, 10:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Version 3.1.4 has been released with fixes for the annotation layers. Please download the update and let me know if it works properly for you both with the latest version. 

Thanks,
Mike

So far so good, I spent some time testing it and all seems to work fine.
Thanks Mike.
Thanks for testing it out you two. I'm glad to hear it's all working properly now. Thanks for reporting the issues.

Mike