• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of little things (e-ink)
On my Max Lumi:
 I noticed that when I go to settings, the 'About' menu title is all black. The other items are fine (black bgd and white titles).
Also, after upgrading to a new version the installation asks you to start MSP but clicking OK doesn't actually do anything.

Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
That issue appears to only show up on newer Android OS versions, as I don't see it on my Onyx BOOX Max 2 Pro. I'm sure it's probably some kind of theming issue. I made a small change with version 3.1.5, which I just uploaded, but I have no idea if it will actually fix the issue. 

As far as the installation, I'm just using the application launcher on the device to install the APK file that is downloaded. Everything that occurs with the installation is tied to the OS and/or launcher. Whether or not it launches it MobileSheetsPro is out of my control. 

Thanks,
Mike
(05-03-2021, 05:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I made a small change with version 3.1.5, which I just uploaded, but I have no idea if it will actually fix the issue. 

Thanks. It didn't fix it. Although the font on the 'About' label seems to be different (bold?) than the other items because if I go to optimize in the system home page and turn on "Whiten apps background blah blah" (I usually have this option disabled.) the title shows up but kind of outlined whereas the other titles remain fine (black bgd with clean white text).  That makes me think that this title has different font settings.
Donner BT pedal
(05-03-2021, 04:42 AM)palosanto Wrote: On my Max Lumi:
 I noticed that when I go to settings, the 'About' menu title is all black. The other items are fine (black bgd and white titles).
Also, after upgrading to a new version the installation asks you to start MSP but clicking OK doesn't actually do anything.

Juan

not the case here with 3.1.5, but 'About' menu title has indeed another font (without the 'Whiten' optimization).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-03-2021, 08:39 AM)eBug Wrote:

Juan

not the case here with 3.1.5, but 'About' menu title has indeed another font (without the 'Whiten' optimization).

eBug you are showing me the 'Storage' item. Like I said this one and the ones below are fine in mine too. But how does your 'About' looks like when whiten optimization is off. Can you see the text?

Whiten off

Whiten on

Other menu items
Donner BT pedal
The settings screen is built on top of something Google provides called a PreferenceActivity. Google defines the theme and behavior, and I just provide some configuration and glue code to handle responding to certain settings changing. I do attempt to override the colors of the elements on the left-hand side, and this is handled differently for devices below Android 8. The about header is set up the exact same way as all of the others though, so I'm not sure why it appears differently on your device. I don't have a good answer for that at the moment.

Mike
(05-03-2021, 09:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The settings screen is built on top of something Google provides called a PreferenceActivity. Google defines the theme and behavior, and I just provide some configuration and glue code to handle responding to certain settings changing. I do attempt to override the colors of the elements on the left-hand side, and this is handled differently for devices below Android 8. The about header is set up the exact same way as all of the others though, so I'm not sure why it appears differently on your device. I don't have a good answer for that at the moment.

Mike

Thanks Mike. It doesn't bother me too much but I wanted to make you aware. My Samsung tablet is fine, all the menu items are identical. It runs android 5.1.1.
Donner BT pedal
(05-03-2021, 08:54 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 08:39 AM)eBug Wrote:

Juan

eBug you are showing me the 'Storage' item. Like I said this one and the ones below are fine in mine too. But how does your 'About' looks like when whiten optimization is off. Can you see the text?

Whiten off

Whiten on

Other menu items
You are right. With 'whiten off', the About rectangle is totally black.