• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several users on same tablet: best approach?
I think the easiest way is to use collections; primarily because I haven't had to share libraries, or the tablet, with anyone else (I use collections to keep my user group songs separate)

Sharing a device may cause you issues at some point if one of you has changed MSP settings and it affects the other e.g. turning on performance mode.
Alternatively, one of you may accidentally "damage" the files of the other user.

Suggest you make frequent backups after loading new material or song editing i.e. when you wouldn't want to have to reproduce the changes.
Personally, I have turned off automatic MSP updating on my Android tablet (perhaps not that important for you if you don't do gigs). When I decide to update MSP, I use the companion program to make a backup of the database on my windows pc prior to performing a manual update.

Best, but most expensive way, would be to treat your daughter to her own tablet (which she could then also use for other things); I don't think you need to buy a second MSP licence if it is Android  base (but this may not apply if you bought from Mike's website rather than "Play Store"). I believe windows based tablets need their own licence

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Several users on same tablet: best approach? - by Geoff Bacon - 05-07-2021, 07:23 PM