• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different filters for different tabs
Hello...

I want to know if there is a way to have different filters for different tabs...

I would like to exclude some song of the "songs" tab, but I want it appears on the others...

For example, I have a book for a technical exercises. I have assigned a "song" for every exercise, but I don't want to have it on the song tab. I've created a new "source" named "Technical". On the filter section I have excluded the "Technical source", so it's working well, but now, neither in recent or in Artist neither in Albums appear on the list, so this is not useful for me...

I'd like to have a special filter for a tab that this won't affect to the other tabs...

There is another way to have this working???

Thanks!
You can save different filters, so you at least can apply them quickly.

But the songs tab is meant for all your songs (which can be filtered of course).

But why don't you make a collection with all the songs you want to use and another with the technical ones?
(05-10-2021, 08:49 PM)BRX Wrote: But why don't you make a collection with all the songs you want to use and another with the technical ones?

This would not be useful, because the problem would be the same.
I could create a new collection for them, but again, all songs are mixed on the "songs tab".

Basically, I don't want to have the exercises on the songs tab, but I want it appears on the other tabs...
On the companion App it's working, because the Songs filter doesn't affect to the others tabs BTW...
Maybe; In settings>library settings>Custom Group Name> create, 'Songs, working', [all songs minus the technical]. Then, in settings>Tab Selection and Order>Move 'Songs' to the right hand column and Custom Group [Songs, Working] to the left column. Then a Collection 'Technical'.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I will look into supporting different filters per tab in the future, but it's not something I'm going to be able to implement in the short term. I will most likely make this optional behavior though, as not everyone will want to have to set up the same filters for every tab if they are switching back and forth between several.

Mike
(05-10-2021, 11:41 PM)Skip Wrote: Maybe; In settings>library settings>Custom Group Name> create, 'Songs, working', [all songs minus the technical]. Then, in settings>Tab Selection and Order>Move 'Songs' to the right hand column and Custom Group [Songs, Working] to the left column. Then a Collection 'Technical'.

This could be an option, but it is less useful, because on the Custom Group you must create subgroups and then the songs, so you must another click to have the song list...

By now, I've created a collection named "HIDDEN", where I have added the technical exercises that I am not working on it right now, but I think the best solution would be an special filter for each tab, or at least the song list I would like to have a special filter...
(05-10-2021, 11:41 PM)Skip Wrote: Maybe; In settings>library settings>Custom Group Name> create, 'Songs, working', [all songs minus the technical]. Then, in settings>Tab Selection and Order>Move 'Songs' to the right hand column and Custom Group [Songs, Working] to the left column. Then a Collection 'Technical'.

Thank you for your reply. So there is no option to do this right now. Ok, no problem, I'll wait for it... Thanks again for your effort...