• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small annoyance with command bar
I use the command bar all the time with my most used tools and stamps. In fact it's always displayed when I do annotations.
However, when the pen tool is selected, if I try to move the command bar it results on a pen scribble instead which refreshes and positions the bar to the intended target location when I tap undo or select another tool.  Sometimes the undo doesn't do anything and I need to select a different tool to achieve the reposition of the bar.
This seem to happen only with the command bar and not with other windows like the stamps for instance which I can move even if I have the pen tool selected.
Can this be fixed please?

PS:  Speaking about the command bar, you made it expandable in width a while ago which is great. Can I please request to make it expandable further to the full width of the screen as currently it's limited to about 3/4. Thanks!!
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I'll take a look at it when I can. I'm currently on a family vacation, but I'll return Friday. I'll review the code for the command bar as well. I think I was concerned that if the bar filled the entire width of the screen, that it might be hard to grab the right side of it to resize it, but I'll test it out to see.

Mike
(06-01-2021, 03:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll take a look at it when I can. I'm currently on a family vacation, but I'll return Friday. I'll review the code for the command bar as well. I think I was concerned that if the bar filled the entire width of the screen, that it might be hard to grab the right side of it to resize it, but I'll test it out to see.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
Regarding the command bar resizing, there's no problem, remember, you added a double arrow symbol at the top-right of the bar's header so it's very easy to resize without having to grab the edge.
Enjoy your vacation, you sure deserve it !!
Cheers - Juan
Donner BT pedal
(06-01-2021, 03:39 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 03:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll take a look at it when I can. I'm currently on a family vacation, but I'll return Friday. I'll review the code for the command bar as well. I think I was concerned that if the bar filled the entire width of the screen, that it might be hard to grab the right side of it to resize it, but I'll test it out to see.

Mike

Thanks Mike,
Regarding the command bar resizing, there's no problem, remember, you added a double arrow symbol at the top-right of the bar's header so it's very easy to resize without having to grab the edge.
Enjoy your vacation, you sure deserve it !!
Cheers - Juan

Thanks for the latest update (3.2.1).
Just a gentle reminder about these couple of issues above for next time please.   The dragging of the bar seems to work fine with my Galaxy tablet (no pen scribble) but not with the e-ink device.

Sorry, I just realized the I started this thread in the wrong forum category!

Thanks !
Juan
Donner BT pedal
Thanks for the reminder - sorry I dropped the ball on this.

Mike
(06-25-2021, 04:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks for the reminder - sorry I dropped the ball on this.

Mike

With the danger of me being a pain,  it looks like this hasn't been resolved in the latest version yet  ...   Angel
Donner BT pedal
Making all the fixes right now - thanks again for the reminder.

Mike
Looking at the code, the issue you mentioned with not being able to move the window without it scribbling on it should already be addressed with the current version. You are still encountering that problem? Or are you just wanting the amount the command bar can be resized to be increased? I already have adjusted the code to allow the bar to be resized to the full width of the screen with the next update, so that has been addressed.

Thanks,
Mike
I can't seem to reproduce any issues with the command bar. I can write with the pen tool, then drag it around. Definitely going to need more information on what you are experiencing.

Mike
(07-09-2021, 05:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce any issues with the command bar. I can write with the pen tool, then drag it around. Definitely going to need more information on what you are experiencing.

Mike

Thanks for fixing the resizing.  However (in my Lumi only) the moving of the command bar seemed like a hit and miss but I found the way to reproduce it:
Load a song
Enter annotation
Use the pen too to drag the command bar: it should work fine.
Exit annot mode
Enter again and try now to drag with the pen tool ...

Juan
Donner BT pedal
Thank you - that helped me identify where the problem was. I have a fix in place now for 3.2.4.

Mike
(07-09-2021, 10:27 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thank you - that helped me identify where the problem was. I have a fix in place now for 3.2.4.

Mike

Super.  Thanks !
Donner BT pedal
Hi Mike,

Thanks for fixing the toolbar dragging problem.
There's a similar problem in the Lumi trying to drag the audio player when the pen tool is selected ...
Donner BT pedal
The audio player is going to be a little bit trickier to handle. The entire screen refresh is disabled while using the pen tool, so it honestly doesn't make sense to support the audio player in that mode (as you wouldn't even be able to observe the track playing). I think what I will have to do is, if the pen tool is selected, the audio player will be hidden. If the audio player is activated through the settings and the pen tool is active (with stylus mode enabled of course), then the selection tool will be selected. This will still make it possible to access the audio player, but prevent the issues with the audio player not responding with the pen tool. You can still listen to the audio playback while using the pen tool though.

Mike
(07-17-2021, 05:53 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The audio player is going to be a little bit trickier to handle. The entire screen refresh is disabled while using the pen tool, so it honestly doesn't make sense to support the audio player in that mode (as you wouldn't even be able to observe the track playing). I think what I will have to do is, if the pen tool is selected, the audio player will be hidden. If the audio player is activated through the settings and the pen tool is active (with stylus mode enabled of course), then the selection tool will be selected. This will still make it possible to access the audio player, but prevent the issues with the audio player not responding with the pen tool. You can still listen to the audio playback while using the pen tool though.

Mike

So if I understand correctly when I activate the player, the selection tool will be selected and then the player will disappear if I choose the pen tool again but will remain while using any other tool?
That's a good compromise.
Donner BT pedal