• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sniplet disapears when leaving the annotations editor
Hi Mike,

I am facing a slight problem with the snipping tool. (cut/copy paste).
Sometimes if I leave the annotations editor the pasted snippet disapears.  I could not really reproduce it... At the next try it works. The error occurs when I leave the editor. And at the place where the snippet should be there is only  an empty rectangle. The error occurs on my Samsung note pro 

One other question : was it on some point possible to change the size of an pasted snippet? I thought so, but maybe I am wrong...

Thanks!
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I can certainly take a look at that to see if I can reproduce that problem. Do I just need to paste snippets, then exit the editor over and over until I see the problem? Do you have "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations" turned on in the annotation settings? I have tried this with a PDF that loads quickly, and I've never encountered a problem even after pasting snippets 5+ times in a row. Can you send me a PDF that exhibits the problem you are seeing?

There was a bug at one point that made it seem like you could change the size of a pasted snippet, but you really couldn't. That is not something I currently support. 

Mike
Thanks Mike for looking into this. Yes the "enable editing...." is turned on. I tried it on my Huawei tablet with the same result. I will send you a pdf and a csv file. This is how I imported the files and the instructions what I did.
Can you verify you are running version 3.1.9? I just want to be sure, as bugs were fixed related to using the snipping tool in recent updates. If you are using an older version, that would explain why you are seeing that behavior.

Thanks,
Mike
With version 3.1.9, I pasted a snippet five times in a row on the first page as demonstrated in your video with the "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" enabled, and I still don't see any problems with the annotations not showing up. I'm using the internal storage of the tablet. Are you using a removable SD card or the internal storage on your device?

Thanks,
Mike
Yes I am running 3.1.9 on both devices. The files are on the SD card. My Samsung is rooted and the SD card location is embedded as internal storage. And normally the snippets are working. On my Huawei I put the files into <path to removable sd card>/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files>
I'll run some more tests while using an SD card. What is the storage location on the Samsung? If it's not in the /Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files directory, the write speed is going to be considerably slower, so I just want to account for that in my testing. 

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike, the path on my rooted samsung is
root/mnt/media_rw/31B7-****/Noten
There are the folders with my sheet music.
I've implemented some fixes so it would be great if you can test this again with the next update to see if it's all resolved on your end.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike, looking forward to test it.
Hi Mike,
with the 3.2.0 update the problem seems to be solved. Even a few earlier snippets came up that where not shown after leaving the annotations editor and i forgot about it....  Smile
Thanks for looking into it.
I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know.

Mike
Hi there, I know this is an old topic, but this is an issue I have regularly (though not consistently). Often I'll have cut/pasted a snippet, and when I exit the annotations editor the pasted snipped just vanishes (and it isn't back in its original position either). I haven't figured out what actions trigger it, I used to think it was when I did something else before exiting the annotations mode, but now it's also happening when I just exit as soon as I'm done with the snippets...

Another issue I have with snippets: I can't seem to paste on top of where I've cut something. I can see that "cutting" in this scenario is simply copying and inserting a white rectangle over the selection, but when I want to paste something in its place, it goes behind/under by this white rectangle, and I can't seem to change that by modifying the order of the annotations in the layers menu. Is there a way of fixing this, is it a bug you're aware of?

(Windows 11, MSP 3.6.2)
Do you have the "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations" setting turned on or off? That may have a large impact on the behavior you are seeing (at least as far as the first issue). Leave the setting off if it's currently on and see if that helps. If it's already off, let me know and I'll try to think of other things to investigate.

I'll look into the issue with the cut - that's not a problem I'm aware of at the moment.

Mike
(11-20-2022, 06:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Do you have the "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations" setting turned on or off? That may have a large impact on the behavior you are seeing (at least as far as the first issue). Leave the setting off if it's currently on and see if that helps. If it's already off, let me know and I'll try to think of other things to investigate.

I'll look into the issue with the cut - that's not a problem I'm aware of at the moment.

Mike

Thanks for looking into it, the PDF annotations setting is currently enabled, I'll try switching it off and report back if it makes a difference!