• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erasing with stylus not possible in proximity to floating "tool-circle"
Perhaps its only me but yesterday I wasn't able to erase with my stylus (using the button on it) as soon as I was trying to do so in a certain proximity to the floating toolbox circle. When pressing the butten the eraser mode just wouldnt engage. Moving the circle to another position helped but shouldnt be necessary.

Trying further away from the circle worked without issue. I could also choose eraser as a tool and the erase in the same close proximity to the floating circle without issue... Why is that?

on a sidenote - is it possible to grey out the not usable space in annotation mode (Cropped area at the side /document boundaries) - as to better see what space is available to write on? Thanks

Galaxy Tab S3
I'll have to see if I can reproduce that issue with a stylus. The S-Pen with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 does not have an eraser on it. What kind of stylus are you using?

As far as the second question, the background should already be black unless you changed Settings->Display Settings->Background Fill Color. Did you change that setting to white? If necessary, when that setting is set to white, I can change the background color to gray while annotating.

Mike
(06-08-2021, 06:19 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'll have to see if I can reproduce that issue with a stylus. The S-Pen with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 does not have an eraser on it. What kind of stylus are you using?

As far as the second question, the background should already be black unless you changed Settings->Display Settings->Background Fill Color. Did you change that setting to white? If necessary, when that setting is set to white, I can change the background color to gray while annotating.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I use the regular pencil for the S3 Tab that has one button at its side. When pressing it normally the pen switches to erase for as long as I keep the button pressed.

Yeah - I set the background to white because it makes for a consistent "paper" feel while viewing. When annotating it would indeed be good to have perhaps a dotted line marking the area in which annotations can be placed or also a grey background. If you see that you can also better "plan" your annotations - I often hit the border and have to erase it and start over again because it did not fit all in.