• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Songs From Setlist Not Functioning Optimally (?)
Hello,

If I have a list of set lists, I have to select one set list and long hold it in order to get the remove songs from set list option.

But, then I have to find the set list again on the new list.

This does not seem to be programmed optimally. 

I would think if I just selected the set list and then clicked on the remove songs from set list function, it would remove all the songs from that set list.  That would make sense.

(Alternatively, I could see only accessing that function from within the particular set list).

But, the current way its programmed does not make sense to me.

I know this is not a big deal, but.... (I'm always open to the possibility I am missing something).

Jeff
That's not what that feature is designed to do. It lets you take all of the songs in one setlist and remove them from another setlist. Is it useful? Only situationally. That feature shows up when long pressing a setlist because it can also be used on the songs tab if you select a list of songs (where it makes a lot more sense to select a list of songs and then select a setlist you want to remove those songs from). What you are asking for is a "Clear Setlist" option. If you need something like that, i can consider it, but I'm curious how often you would use that. You could also just delete the setlist and recreate it, or edit it and then clear it in the group editor.

Mike
(06-09-2021, 05:19 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's not what that feature is designed to do. It lets you take all of the songs in one setlist and remove them from another setlist. Is it useful? Only situationally. That feature shows up when long pressing a setlist because it can also be used on the songs tab if you select a list of songs (where it makes a lot more sense to select a list of songs and then select a setlist you want to remove those songs from). What you are asking for is a "Clear Setlist" option. If you need something like that, i can consider it, but I'm curious how often you would use that. You could also just delete the setlist and recreate it, or edit it and then clear it in the group editor.

Mike

Ahh, thanks Mike.  Now I get it.  And because I am selecting the same list both times it has the same effects as clearing the set list.  I get it. 

Well, I guess I have been doing this more recently because I actually want to get rid of a set list and at the same time create a new one. 

So, I just take a set list I no longer want to keep, edit it to change the name, and clear out all the songs (by "mis-using" the "remove songs" function in the way I described above).

I am fine just doing what I am doing.  So, unless other people want a clear set list function, I am good.

Thanks!