• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo Delete
I'll look into doing this in the future when time allows. It's not a simple thing to support that though. All of the song data is removed from the database when you delete it (and a ton of different database tables are impacted by this). Files are also potentially deleted in the process (song files, audio files, stamp files that are no longer used, etc). So there are two options:

1) I don't actually delete anything for a period of 5-10 seconds, and an undo delete is shown until the changes are actually committed. This is similar to how gmail works where it lets you send something, but won't actually send it for 5 seconds or so, giving you the ability to cancel the send. 

2) I have to buffer all of the song data and store it somewhere, and all of the files that will be deleted will instead be moved to the cache folder. The ability to undo would stay available until the next song is deleted, at which point everything would be permanently deleted. I don't think it makes sense to support being able to undo multiple deletions that happened in a row. If the undo occurs, I will have to repopulate the database with all the song data, fix all group tables that were impacted (setlists, collections, etc), then copy back all of the files to their original location

#2 will be a pain to implement, but I imagine #1 probably wouldn't have prevented you from deleting the song as you wouldn't have realized what you did in time, correct?

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Undo Delete - by Skip - 06-09-2021, 11:14 PM
RE: Undo Delete - by Zubersoft - 06-10-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: Undo Delete - by Skip - 06-11-2021, 12:13 AM
RE: Undo Delete - by BRX - 06-11-2021, 06:22 AM
RE: Undo Delete - by Skip - 06-11-2021, 08:58 AM
RE: Undo Delete - by Zubersoft - 06-11-2021, 12:59 PM
RE: Undo Delete - by Skip - 06-11-2021, 01:19 PM