• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio is broken
Since the the last windows update (june 18th), Audio is not working anymore.
It doesn't show in the audio system mixer neither. No click, no audio file.

Win Version: 21390.2025
Do you have any issues with audio playback in other applications or is it just in MobileSheets? I'm downloading the latest Windows update right now so I'll test this out once it's complete.

Mike
I just read this about the update:

Audio issues
Windows 10 is no stranger to encountering audio issues with its updates, with the recent May 2021 Update (version 21H1) causing new audio quality issues. This bug was originally acknowledged in May and it remains unpatched, at least according to the latest release notes.
Microsoft is currently investigating reports of high-pitched noise or squeak in certain apps on Windows 10 version 21H1, version 20H2 and version 2004.
If you’re affected, try these workarounds:
  • Use a web browser instead of the affected app.

• Enable Spatial Sound settings: On your taskbar, right-click on the volume icon, selecting ‘Spatial Sound (Off)’, and select Windows Sonic, Dolby or any of the available options.

So I would suggest users wait to install this update until Microsoft addresses the audio issues if they rely on audio playback in MobileSheets. I will download the update to see if I encounter any issues on my devices.

Mike
I have installed the 21H1 update and my audio playback is fine in MobileSheets both when "Use advanced audio player" is checked and unchecked (as they use two different audio engines). I will test this out on my Surface Pro 4 as well.

Mike
(06-19-2021, 02:14 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Do you have any issues with audio playback in other applications or is it just in MobileSheets? I'm downloading the latest Windows update right now so I'll test this out once it's complete.

Mike

I don't have any problem whatsoever in other apps, it happens only in Mobilesheets.
If you go into the audio player settings and uncheck the option to use the Advanced Audio Player, does that help at all?

Mike