• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution to general sluggishness?
Hi Mike,

I'm sure you remember a while back I was complaining about general lag in MobileSheets as far as zooming and panning (it's definitely better now than it used to be, but still shows some general sluggishness). I think I finally figured out why it's happening.

I'm using a Surface Book 3 15" version, which has a resolution of 3240x2160. It must be that rendering the screen in (almost) 4K is just too difficult for the machine to do without stuttering. To test my theory, I lowered my computer to half the resolution (1620x1080), and VOILA, MobileSheets ran smooth as silk. 

This leads to my question; is there any way to choose what resolution MobileSheets runs at without changing the resolution of Windows itself so that I can experiment and find a good middle-ground between quality and speed? I'm not sure if this is something Windows is capable of doing, but I definitely don't want to run my computer at half the resolution all the time. I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to do this (at least that I know of), but at least I finally figured out the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Harry
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal

Messages In This Thread
Solution to general sluggishness? - by Harry777 - 06-30-2021, 04:15 AM