• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surface pro X
Anyone has tried running mobile sheets on this device with ARM CPU?
A number of users have contacted me that were using MobileSheets on the Surface Pro X. While it does work, some users had stability issues while others were perfectly fine. So your experience may vary. There is only an ARM32 version of MobileSheets unfortunately, as I don't have ARM64 versions of some of the libraries I depend on. So this means MobileSheets can't take full advantage of the Surface Pro X hardware, but it should run okay. 

Mike
Thanks for this info. I was considering getting a Surface Pro X to use with MobileSheets, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe SP7 is better. I believe there will be a refresh of both products this fall too. I don't want to go to iOS!
You think this will change in the future Mike?
As far as the issue of not supporting ARM64, I don't really have a lot of options there, so unless there was a huge demand for it, I don't think the level of effort is worth the gain (as the ARM32 version works just fine I believe). I would probably have to remove features that rely on libraries that don't have ARM64 versions, so the ARM64 version would lose some functionality. I'm also hesitant to get a Surface Pro X to test on unless more ARM64 devices are released and it becomes more common.

Mike