• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song with several Keys and a file for each key
I think the problem is that you are using PDFs for the songs; as you have found, these can't be transposed "on the fly"  (and I suspect they never will).

If you had Chordpro songs, you could use the transposing feature to do what you want. The downside is that you lose any fancy layout that you would have had in the pdf.

As I understand it, the versioning that Mike is referring is to allow one to have multiple versions of a song but only have one entry in the songs tab to refer to them as a "group" (my terminology). Having selected this single entry, one can then choose which version you want to use e.g. different key, instrument or band.

So, under versioning, you either need to use chordpro (there is talk of ABC notation but that is probably some way off) or you will need to generate multiple PDF files to suit each scenario.

Assuming the number of files you need to manipulate is small (and that may not be the case), I suggest you add Chordpro versions of the expected shared songs so that you have the option of transposing should the need arise. I would append something like "- CP" or "- ChordPro" to the names of these duplicate songs so that they are easily identifiable. To aid filtering, I would also add then to a "ChordPro" collection in addition to the collection of your original song.

I'm sure Mike will correct me if I'm wrong

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Song with several Keys and a file for each key - by Geoff Bacon - 11-03-2021, 02:25 AM