• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transferring MSP to a new tablet
With the Windows 10 version, I modified the code so that if you copy your files and folders under the storage location before importing them, the files won't be moved and the folder structure will be maintained. This also works after backing up and restoring the library. I need to run through some tests on Android, but I don't believe it currently works this way as the option existed to stop MobileSheetsPro from managing the files. If I modify the code to support this mode of working, then you'd be able to both let MobileSheetsPro manage your files but also maintain your directory structure. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how soon I could implement the necessary changes for this as I'd have to do analysis on all the pieces of code that would be impacted. I do think it's going to be very important for me to support this with Android 11 though so that users can still manage their files/folders so long as they are under the storage location required by the OS.

One thing I should mention is that if you had used just internal storage for your library instead of utilizing a removable SD card, then you could have restored the backup file and just selected the option to restore to the original file locations. This would have worked on any device. It's only when a removable SD card is involved that things become difficult due to the SD card being mounted with a unique file path on every device. SD cards have never really worked well on Android in my opinion and Google has made working SD cards painful for developers.

If you want to avoid all potential future issues, you'd need to let MobileSheetsPro manage all your files, and when you go to assign the storage location, tap the SD card on the "Set MobileSheets Storage Location" dialog which will pick a path like /storage/XXXX-XXXX/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. This path will still be accessible with Android 11+. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-23-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-23-2021, 03:30 AM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-23-2021, 07:28 AM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-23-2021, 07:22 PM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-23-2021, 09:21 PM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by Skip - 07-23-2021, 11:52 PM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-24-2021, 12:16 AM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by Zubersoft - 07-24-2021, 01:54 PM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by raichea - 07-25-2021, 07:51 AM
RE: Transferring MSP to a new tablet - by McAroni - 07-24-2021, 05:40 PM