• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How i reinstall Mobile Sheets pro on windows
Hi, I've been using MS Windows for years, never a problem but after updating from W10 to W11 and after 2 MobileSh updates, mobiesheets freezes  frequently. Either just launched or during use (audio playback) casually.
The database and the songs and audio are still the same that have worked for years.
I tried to restore the installation with the win11 function but nothing changes. Now I have uninstalled and would like to reinstall with the same license but without buying Mobilesheets again. But from Windows App Store it is not possible without paying.
How can I do ?
Thanks for the attention
Mario
I'm so sorry to hear you've suddenly been encountering these issues Mario. I can't imagine what would be causing those issues as I haven't changed much related to the audio playback. The only recent issues were related to the PDF library, but those are now fixed with version 3.8.19.

As far as the Microsoft Store, the purchase you made is tied to the email address you used with Microsoft to make that purchase. The only thing you should need to do is log into the Microsoft Store app (don't use a web browser) with that email address and it should let you install MobileSheets. I don't have much control over the Microsoft Store I'm afraid, so hopefully you can get this working. Some users have had success with a web browser when the app store application did not work, so you can certainly try both approaches.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll try to reinstall. I understand that the Windows world is nebulous as is the search for malfunctions. As an old programmer I understand your difficulties in solving certain problems, don't worry. Congratulations for the truly excellent product. On Android tablets it has worked very well for years (at least 5 if I remember correctly). If it doesn't work well on window, this is not critical to me since I only use windows at home for practice, but at rehearsals and in concerts I use the tablet.
Mike, good job, I'll let you know here in the forum if anything has changed with the reinstallation.
A friendly greeting
Mario from Trieste-Italy
Here we are,
so Mike, I discovered the conditions under which the problem occurs.
As a premise, I must say that it appears when I operate the audio box (start-stop etc.) but what is more important, only when I move Mobilesheet to the second screen (I usually use two screens). So I think it's something related to the graphics libraries or specific to my graphics card (an MSI "gaming" laptop).
Speaking of the play-stop control panel, couldn't we highlight the execution status to know if it is in play, stop or pause state?
A thousand thanks,
Greetings
Mario
I forgot, the reinstallation from the Microsoft app store was successful without asking me for any payment.
HI
mario
That does sound like it may have something to do with the graphics driver (or hardware) on your device. I move MobileSheets between monitors all the time (and each monitor has a different resolution and display scaling in Windows) and I don't seem to encounter any issues with freezing. Just to verify, does the freezing only occur if the audio is actively playing when you move the window? Or do you move the window to the second monitor, then play the audio and it freezes?

As far as the quick action box, is the play icon not orange for you while the audio is playing?

Thanks,
Mike
Try toggling the windows Graphics hardware acceleration setting to see if that makes a difference?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(12-04-2023, 03:51 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: "Just to verify, does the freezing only occur if the audio is actively playing when you move the window? Or do you move the window to the second monitor, then play the audio and it freezes?"

Only when play audio on secondary screen. The graphic accelerator i don't know how disable it.

"As far as the quick action box, is the play icon not orange for you while the audio is playing?"

On small quick action box yes but on the big play box is not evidence of status 

Thanks,
Mike
I didn't add that kind of a status on the larger audio player because the playback time is constantly changing and the slider for the playback position is also moving, so that seemed redundant to me...

I can't reproduce an issue yet while playing back audio on a secondary display, but I'll continue testing. I may need to get you to share a library backup file (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library) with mike@zubersoft.com so I can test with your library.

Mike
@mcrevato
Try googling "disable graphics acceleration"

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6